OT Lite Brite Pegs (1980s style)

Old January 5th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Lite Brite Pegs (1980s style)

Hi!
This message to is an appeal to those who may still have these things
lying around the house -- I just found out the current pegs for Lite
Brite aren't designed to be compatible with the older style (the one
that will be here shortly thanks to a RCTQ friend). I own in my
possession maybe 2 or 3 of these individual pegs that I've kept over
the years (two styles actually -- 1 style of a longer grip part and 1
style that is all short and stubby -- I liked either style as a child,
given age I think I'd prefer the longer grip part but I'll take the
short and stubbies -- I'll just use tweezers *snicker*) -- not enough
to do great designing with

If you have any of the old style (1999 I think is the year they gave on
the Hasbro page for when they changed design and are no longer
compatible with the old style after that year) around or find them at
yard sales and want fabric as "payment" for them, please let me know.
I don't get much of a chance to hit the yard sales myself.

Oh, and while we are talking about toys from my childhood that I want
to find again -- the spirograph design I'm seeking to find is the 1980s
version by Hasbro I believe it was. I didn't know there were older
versions until I poked around in Ebay just looking around today. Any
leads would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Tricia

Old January 5th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just gave away all my lite brites But I recall seeing some pegs still
in my son's room. I will ask him afterschool where they are. I want all my
Return of the Jedi cards back lol I had the complete set three times over
and my very mean mom gave them away lol Thats my 80's toy I want back
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Carissa in BC
oups.com...

Old January 5th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Let me know and good luck with the RofJ cards -- wasn't anything I was
into.

Tricia

Old January 5th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I happen to have that very toy! But sorry, I am not sharing eg I still
play with it sometimes and my daughter still does too!
That was one of my bestest toys I think.... well a close second to the
Barbie motor home that looked like a big yellow bus. I played that one to
bits!

I will keep my eyes on our thrift store though. That is where I got
replacement ones for mine.

~KK in BC~

Old January 6th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default O.T. Spirograph OT Lite Brite Pegs (1980s style)

Howdy!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph
Mine is the big set from the late 1960s.
The pens have dried up g but the gears still turn.
To make it On Topic, I've seen quilts that look like the
designers were inspired by the Spirograph. g

Thinking of classic games,
the other day we saw a very tall guy driving a little
Corvette (not the Stingray); I told Gene, "He looks like
one of the peg people in The Game of Life car." ;-P

Good luck w/ your hunt. Thrift shops and garage sales
are a good source for old games; tell your friends what you're
looking for and see what they turn up for you. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy --used to get pretty rough w/ the Game of Life,
send the car swerving around a curve on the board fast enough
to throw the peg kids out of the back seat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasbro's_Game_of_Life

Old January 6th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ok, I found the extra pack of pegs....but then we got down the lite-brite,
and we played with it....sorry, can't let them go....the 2 1/2 year old, the
8 year old & the 38 year old would be heartbroken....maybe when we out grow
them, ok?

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old January 6th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I found a few auctions on ebay..some of these are for the entire lite brite
with pegs, but the auctions are only a few dollars, so I don't see why you
couldn't buy the whole thing for the pegs. These are just a few auctions
out of many. I just went to ebay and typed in "lite brite" into the search
box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-LOT-Lite-Br... cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/LITE-BRITE-BY-MI...cmd ZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Classic-Original...cmd ZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Classic-Original...cmd ZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lite-Brite-Pegs-... cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hugh-lot-of-659-... cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/OVER-1780-LITE-B...cm dZViewItem

Old January 6th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I don't have any pegs, but here is a fun online lite brite game

http://www.sfpg.com/animation/liteBrite.html#

Have fun!

Babs