Teaching opportunity in southeast Houston

Old August 21st 03, 02:04 PM
Stan Blazyk

Default Teaching opportunity in southeast Houston

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity to teach kids! It looks like a
great school. Please contact Lynda directly if you are interested.
Margaret

From Lynda Daniel:

I am wondering if there might be someone in the Polymer Guild that would be
interested in teaching a polymer clay class to some of our students. The
students would be 7th-12th graders and we can set the class size. The
classes would be held during our "club time" from roughly 4:00-5:00 on
Monday-Wednesday or Tuesday-Thursday. Our clubs will start the week of
September 8 and will meet for approximately 22 classes. We pay our
instructors $30 a class. I think that we could probably fill two classes
and it would be OK with us if two people co-taught a class.

YES College Preparatory School is a state charter school, grades 6-12. We
are located near S. Shaver and Old Galveston Road. Clear Lake and
Friendswood are about a 15 minute drive from the school. I live near
Shepherd and HWY 59 and it is usually a 20 minute drive from there. YES has
a website where you can read more about the school. It is www.yesprep.org.
We were also mentioned (favorably) in the Houston Chronicle article about
charter schools on August 10th, and there are other articles about us in the
Chronicle archives. One interesting thing that you will read about YES is
that before a student can graduate from YES they
must be accepted to a four year university.

You will find that our students are polite, well-mannered and easy to work
with.

If you have someone that is interested in teaching please ask them to call
me at:
YES College Preparatory School
353 Crenshaw Road
School: 713-910-2510