Cat hair on stamp pads

Old December 30th 03, 05:31 AM
Jeff Hitchin

Default Cat hair on stamp pads

Here's an odd one for you, but I was stamping tonight, and after I dried
off a stamp on the rag shirt that I use to wipe off stamps that have cleaner
or water on them, I looked down and saw a load of cat hairs in my stamp pad.
It was a brand new Clearsnap Chalk pad so I know they weren't there when I
started making my project this evening. (It was the Alabaster color and we
have a black cat, so that's why I noticed so quickly.)

Now I have the precarious problem of getting the darned cat hairs OFF
the stamp pad. Anybody have any ideas for how to clean these appropriately?

Jeff
--

http://www.serv.net/~santa
So da ne!

Old December 30th 03, 07:33 AM
Pat Kight

Jeff Hitchin wrote:

Here's an odd one for you, but I was stamping tonight, and after I dried
off a stamp on the rag shirt that I use to wipe off stamps that have cleaner
or water on them, I looked down and saw a load of cat hairs in my stamp pad.
It was a brand new Clearsnap Chalk pad so I know they weren't there when I
started making my project this evening. (It was the Alabaster color and we
have a black cat, so that's why I noticed so quickly.)

Now I have the precarious problem of getting the darned cat hairs OFF
the stamp pad. Anybody have any ideas for how to clean these appropriately?

Heck, Jeff, I have cat hair on most of my stamp pads (along with everything
else in the house). After trying to pick them off (inky fingers, anyone) I
just leave 'em be. They've never messed up an image yet. Once in awhile
I'll pick one up on a stamp, but it's way easier to remove them from the
stamp than from the pad.

--
Pat Kight

Old December 30th 03, 12:51 PM
Lisa

I agree with Pat....

Though I also use tape to pick up cat hair and other fuzzum's from my stamps
before using them.

-Lisa

Old December 30th 03, 03:55 PM
Pat Kight

Lisa wrote:

I agree with Pat....

Though I also use tape to pick up cat hair and other fuzzum's from my stamps
before using them.

Oh, now, that's a good idea. It would probably even work on the stamp pads,
if they're not too juicy.

--
Pat Kight

Old December 31st 03, 01:00 AM
Ddborger

You could try tweezers - then at least you wouldn't get inky fingers

~Donna~
SAHM Val Gal 17, Wendy Woo 14, Seany 10
6 years of Stamping Bliss
Old December 31st 03, 04:28 AM
eliquint

Jeff,
I no longer have cats here in my home, but I do have two Siberian Husky's.
They completely blow their coats twice a year. I own 3 vacuums, and
everything is still angorized with Husky hair. So try using a dry old
toothbrush, and slowly drag it across the top of the stamp pad. Use a lint
free cloth or paper towel to clean brush and continue this until all hairs
removed. Then tweezer's are good for that last darn stubborn one. Sound
like the voice of way to much experience, trust me it is!! LOL Got any idea
how much hair can get on a new stamp, when you drop it on the floor??? (of
course it has to fall wet side down)
Oh and one more thing, firmer toothbrushes will tear up the surface of the
pad if you rub across to hard. I really like the softest brush I can find,
and have in a pinch, even used a cheap paintbrush. The key seems to be in
keeping the brush as dry as possible.

For very lite amount of hairs try using static electricity, use a plastic
comb, rub it real fast across pants material, it will put a negative charge
on the plastic. Then run comb across the top of the stamppads. Since hair
naturally has a positive charge, the 2 attract, most of the hairs will comb
right up with the comb the first time. Repeat as needed!

Been a priviledge sharing with yall, hope this will help to solve your hair
issues! LOL

Ms. Eli Quin -- eliquint

news.com...

Old December 31st 03, 08:38 AM
King's Crown

I have found just a few pet hairs on my stamp and I do notice it affecting
my stamping. I don't get many, so I've just gotten a toothpick and gotten
them off. The ink makes them stick to the toothpick, which I wipe across a
paper towel until I have them all off. I like the toothbrush idea too. May
have to try that one also.

Lynne

Old December 31st 03, 07:41 PM
Christi Conley

I, too, have cat hair on everything - four of the
furbabies make a LOT of fur....

One cat in particular loves to sleep on my
scrubby - the thing I use to clean the stamps
with - It seems to be OK for a while, then
I just change the pad when the fur seems to
be taking over completely....

--
Christi
Stampin' Up! Representative

Old December 31st 03, 11:22 PM
Lisa

I have also hear that using a damp paper towel will work on picking up pet
hair off of furniture too!

-L

Old January 19th 04, 05:30 AM
Cheryl

Would one of those lint roller things work? You know the ones that have
sticky paper? Seems that they would. You probably wouldn't have to press
very hard. You may lose a little of your ink but not much. Let us know how
you make out--whatever you find that works. My cat's hair doesn't seem to
get into my stamping stuff. Don't ask me why since he likes to check
everything out and is usually sitting on whatever it is that I want to stamp
soon after I make my intentions known.

Good luck,
Cheryl