Old January 16th 05, 03:18 AM
Carey N.

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:22:07 GMT, Wooly spewed forth :

I have *finally* got my Gmail set up to work with my POP client.
Funny, Gmail was working yesterday with Firefox, today it (is/was)
broken but worked fine with MSIE. Methinks GMail is futzing about
with Javascript, since I had a lot of javascript console errors coming
from gmail.com today.

Wooly & Noreen:
Pardon my intrustion but I had been considering trying to get an invitation
to gmail, but it sounds like perhaps I had better just stick with Outlook
Express, and Verizon with MSN for now. All I know is that Outlook Express
uses HTTP to get mail off MSN and says Verizon is POP.

The thought of a large amount of storage off my computer is enticing(I've
had a couple go on me and lost various things in the process), but I don't
want to have to spend 6 months learning how to fix it if something goes
wrong. Any thoughts you'd care to share with me?
TIA,
Carey in MA
(fading back into shadows of Lurkdom for the moment.....)