Old October 11th 03, 08:31 AM
Patti

Hullo C/D
This is another one of 'those' questions!!
Sure to get different replies from everyone.
Here is what I do: while I am working on something, I use my small iron
in the sewing room with NO steam. When I have finished a piece/block or
whatever, I go to the steam iron and use steam, but very carefully - no
movement sideways. I often then finish off with a dry iron to remove
any 'dimples' the steam might have created.
I use the steam mainly because it flattens the seams more than dry.
..
In article m,
Dustbunny writes
When Pressing,
What is better, Steam or No Steam..
and what is a good Iron that will hold up to long hours of being on when
quilting..
My 17 year old Iron broke due to high temps/long hours (melted the base from
the metal)

I bought a 7.00 iron today, same brand but it is not very good. 40.00 to me
is a LOT to pay for a Iron.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill