Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Werby
Forum: General Crafting August 4th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.crafts.professional,alt.sculpture,rec.crafts.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Werby
paper mache glues

"Diamond, Mark" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm a painter and I'm thinking of using paper mache in a current work. I
want to give some...
Forum: Jewelry June 7th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Werby
Looking For Cad Cam Wax Carving

wrote in message
I am looking at getting a cad cam wax carver 3-d System any suggestions on
which system is the best...
Forum: Pottery March 8th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to alt.art,rec.crafts.pottery,us.arts,rec.arts.fine
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrew Werby
Artist should be valued

"Bob Masta" wrote in message

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, the artists are not now being
singled out for unfair...
Forum: Pottery March 7th 08, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.art,rec.crafts.pottery,us.arts
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrew Werby
Artist should be valued

If a collector buys a work of art, and donates it to a museum, they can
deduct the fair market value at the time of the donation, not just what they
paid originally. This can work out to a tidy...
Forum: Jewelry March 7th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Andrew Werby
I would like to make my own Sterling and Argentium Metals... Is this possible ?

You've gotten some good advice here, FC. If you really want (good) sheet
sterling instead of your fine silver bars, contact a refiner. Many of them
produce sterling sheet, and should be willing to...
Forum: Jewelry February 1st 08, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Werby
Asbestos-Followup

I guess you missed the huge debate about this some time back.
That's ok, Andrew.

[What, here in Rec.Crafts.Jewelry?]

So would you mind terribly posting your sources that show, "a single
Forum: Jewelry January 30th 08, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Werby
Asbestos-Followup

wrote in message
Well some kind soul from some jewelry list was kind enough to send me
some asbestos...
Forum: Jewelry January 9th 08, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Werby
Getting To Know Your Wire Before Making Jewelry Part II

Hi Amy;

While it's nice that you're sharing information with us, it's a little
difficult to figure out what you're trying to say. What exactly are we
supposed to be "practicing" with these...
Forum: Pottery October 19th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 23
Posted By Andrew Werby
watering dry clay

"Wes" wrote in message
Pardon my ignorance but I bought some fire clay and it is in dry powdered
form. Do I just add water and...
Forum: Jewelry October 7th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Werby
Help with Buffing.

To Peter's always excellent advice, I'd just add that there are some
new products on the market that produce a lot less dust and mess than the
traditional cloth wheels and compounds. 3m Corp makes...
Forum: Pottery October 3rd 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrew Werby
Transvestite potters... in the news... Turner Prize..

[You're just jealous because you don't look as pretty in a frilly frock...]

Andrew

"Russell Andavall" wrote in message...
Forum: Jewelry October 3rd 07, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,rec.crafts.metalworking
Replies: 13
Posted By Andrew Werby
How to form patina on brass?

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
I have a brass casting that I've used in a piece and need to make it look
old and weathered. ...
Forum: Pottery September 27th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Werby
Those darned bubbles!

We were fighting bubbles too (not you - them), when we first got into
lowfire clay. It seems that there is some kind of material in the clay that
volatilizes at the maturation point, causing holes...
Forum: Jewelry July 17th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Werby
Dzi Beads of Tibet - Myths and Legends

Myths and legends are all very well - but even on your site, there's little
verifiable information about these beads you're trying to sell. "14 elements
from Mars"? Are you claiming that these...
Forum: Beads July 17th 07, 06:06 AM Posted to alt.antiques,rec.crafts.beads,soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.hongkong
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Werby
Dzi Beads of Tibet - Myths and Legends

Myths and legends are all very well - but even on your site, there's little
verifiable information about these beads you're trying to sell. "14 elements
from Mars"? Are you claiming that these...
Forum: Pottery July 4th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Werby
How much propane?

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 13:34:44 +0100, "Alex S"
wrote:

If I am firing...
Forum: Jewelry June 28th 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By Andrew Werby
Solid Silver Seashell Study

"Paul WIlson" wrote in message
Folks,
I'm doing an informal market study of the silver seashell market.

[Are you...
Forum: Pottery June 1st 07, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Andrew Werby
Beginner's Question--Potter's Wheel

"Buck" wrote in message
They're all over the place, of course, and have dozens of characteristics
and...
Forum: Jewelry May 25th 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 16
Posted By Andrew Werby
Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

"mbstevens" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

[Stained glass? I use my lapidary grinder to fix bad...
Forum: Pottery April 24th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,sci.materials.ceramics,rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Andrew Werby
pigment for porcelain

"Hul Tytus" wrote in message
rec.crafts.pottery, rec.crafts.jewelry, sci.materials.ceramics
pigment for porcelain

Any...
Forum: Jewelry April 24th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,sci.materials.ceramics,rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrew Werby
pigment for porcelain

"Hul Tytus" wrote in message
rec.crafts.pottery, rec.crafts.jewelry, sci.materials.ceramics
pigment for porcelain

Any...
Forum: Pottery April 21st 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Werby
New elements?

Try replacing the switches first. I had the same thing happening, replaced
the elements, and it didn't help. Changing the switches did the trick.

Andrew Werby
www.unitedartworks.com

----- Original...
Forum: Jewelry April 18th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Werby
Need Info on , Coral ( branch ) 1950's material

"mtnrabbit" wrote in message
Hello,
I have some Coral ( branch ) that came from a collection from the
1950's .
my...
Forum: Jewelry April 18th 07, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Werby
how do I melt amber resin dust

wrote in message
Hello.
I am a newbie at this I have quite alot amber resin dust from
sculpting peices of...
Forum: Jewelry April 18th 07, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrew Werby
copper how to seal it to keep it from turning

"Vicky" wrote in message
ones arm fingers green! I doing some wire wrapped rings and breacelets
and i like the copper...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49