The weather is frightful - thankfully!

Old November 23rd 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Default The weather is frightful - thankfully!

When it is cold and rainy outside I really rev up my knitting/crochet
activity.. I have 4 projects, presently, going on at the same time!
However, they are all knitting and I am hankering (slang for wanting) a
challenging crochet project.

I am looking for something unusual to crochet. Not that I am bored
with afghans, wash cloths, dish cloths, and the like, but how about
something different for a change?

If you have an idea of a project that would be something new and
exciting, please share it with me?

I have done a few project Linus things and chemo caps (those were
knitted) but now I am intrigued with the idea of something I could make
that would be helpful or useful to someone.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind inputs for this ole man and his
addiction to the yarn arts.

Padishar Creel

Old November 23rd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
R. Bledsoe

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
ups.com...
When it is cold and rainy outside I really rev up my knitting/crochet
activity.. I have 4 projects, presently, going on at the same time!
However, they are all knitting and I am hankering (slang for wanting) a
challenging crochet project.

I am looking for something unusual to crochet. Not that I am bored
with afghans, wash cloths, dish cloths, and the like, but how about
something different for a change?

If you have an idea of a project that would be something new and
exciting, please share it with me?

I have done a few project Linus things and chemo caps (those were
knitted) but now I am intrigued with the idea of something I could make
that would be helpful or useful to someone.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind inputs for this ole man and his
addiction to the yarn arts.

Padishar Creel

One that I particularly enjoyed was crocheting trims for curtains using
Irish crochet techniques. I attached them to the hems of plain curtains - to
the machine stitching. Rather pretty since Irish crochet produces a rather
bold dimensional pattern. Also made edgings for tablecloths.

Also enjoyed crocheting summer sweater and shell sets. Not particularly new
or exciting, but useful.

Rita

Old November 23rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

This a great idea thank you so much. Your idea stimulated the thought
of adding some crochet fringe to some pillow cases as well...

Padishar Creel

Old November 23rd 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Padishar Creel wrote:
This a great idea thank you so much. Your idea stimulated the thought
of adding some crochet fringe to some pillow cases as well...

Padishar Creel

Most of my pillowcases have crocheted lace on the edge. I find size 20
is a good weight of thread to use for this, whereas size 30 is best for
handkerchief edgings. I just experiment with steel crochet hooks until
I find the size which makes the lace look the way I want it - it is
amazing the difference it makes when you go up or down a size.

Other things you can do with finer cotton threads are detachable collars
for blouses and dresses; placemats and tablecloths, handbags (they need
to be lined) and grocery shopping bags (using coarser thread).

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old November 24th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Padishar Creel wrote:
When it is cold and rainy outside I really rev up my knitting/crochet
activity.. I have 4 projects, presently, going on at the same time!
However, they are all knitting and I am hankering (slang for wanting) a
challenging crochet project.

I am looking for something unusual to crochet. Not that I am bored
with afghans, wash cloths, dish cloths, and the like, but how about
something different for a change?

If you have an idea of a project that would be something new and
exciting, please share it with me?

I have done a few project Linus things and chemo caps (those were
knitted) but now I am intrigued with the idea of something I could make
that would be helpful or useful to someone.

Thanks, in advance, for your kind inputs for this ole man and his
addiction to the yarn arts.

Padishar Creel

Nice to see you in here again Padishar!

Another guy, great.
Dennis
Old November 26th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
nbjess

If you have an idea of a project that would be something new and
exciting, please share it with me?

Padishar Creel

Hi Padishar I also wanted ideas last year and came upon Teddies for
Tragedies. Three of us started a group and from February 2006 until
now Nov we have many volunteers and have sent out over 600 Teddies
with bags, They went to Haiti, Uruguay, Congo, Uganda, Nigurauga,
Afganastan, as well as to our ambulance, fire department and the
elderley. We are getting ready to send more to South America in
January, Haiti in February and in March we are going to send as many
as we can to "The children of the dump" in Mexico as a group of youths
are going down to help out for two weeks.
All of the volunteers are excited about this project and it
is a blessing to know these little children have a toy they can call
their own something to cuddle and hold.

Old November 26th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Padishar Creel

Sounds like a wonderful thing you are doing!

Would you share a bit more info (website?) or something...

Padishar Creel

Old November 26th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Padisher Hello ,,, curtain , dolls , sweater, coat , pants [ for you]
bags, your own art work ,,,
mirjam

OT Weird Weather Update Cats Quilting 2 November 20th 06 01:31 PM
OT Busy, weather, etc Christina Peterson Beads 2 June 21st 06 09:14 AM
OT - Odd Weather MRH Yarn 14 July 27th 05 07:56 PM
been away! update on weather. KathyB in Oz Quilting 0 November 22nd 03 12:16 PM