Looking for a Santa Yarn decoration pattern

Old November 2nd 03, 04:44 PM
NoraBalcer

Default Looking for a Santa Yarn decoration pattern

Hi everyone,

My friend is looking for an old pattern that she tossed out by mistake. It's
for a Santa Yarn decoration that she remembers the yarn is wound around a piece
of cardboard, you make ties for the legs and arms and neck. It's either put on
the tree or a pin is put in the back so you can wear it. I can see it in my
head, but I don't have the directions, so hope someone can help me.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 2nd 03, 06:30 PM
Katherine Burgess

I have made those, Nora. Not as a Santa, but as little dolls for the kiddies
in my Spark troop. I have never seen a pattern as such, but just done it by
guess and by golly.
To make a tiny one that could be worn as a brooch, you would want the
cardboard not much longer (wider) than two inches. Wrap the yarn around and
around - for something this small, I would say that 100 wraps would be
enough. Slip a piece of yarn between the yarn and the cardboard, and tie it
tightly. Cut the bottom of the wraps. Lay aside for a minute. This will be
the body/legs. Wrap more yarn around a slightly smaller piece of cardboard
about 30 wraps. This will be the arms.Cut both ends of these wraps, and tie
tightly, spreading the cut ends apart to make "hands". Go back to the body
piece. Tie a piece of yarn about 1/4 inch down from the tie. This is the
head. Separate the stringy yarn to fit the arms between. Tie below the arms.
You need another tie for the body. Then separate the remaining yarn into
legs, and tie each leg near the bottom to make the feet.
Hope this is not too confusing.
Katherine

Old November 2nd 03, 06:43 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Katherine,

Thanks, I've forwarded that along to her.

Hugs,

Nora

Old November 4th 03, 01:38 PM
Stella Fenley

go to this site
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/StNick.html
there is the patterns all of them on that page.enjoy.Stella

Old November 4th 03, 02:53 PM
Ria Van de Velde

Ooooww these are cute. I just love that little snow-lady.
Ria

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:38:14 GMT, "Stella Fenley"
wrote:

[...]

riavdv at pandora dot be

FA: Abundance of Vogue patterns buck16 Marketplace 0 February 20th 04 09:48 PM
Copyrights and Pattern Usage [email protected] Sewing 0 November 28th 03 06:08 PM
Santa Claus Pattern catiem Sewing 2 September 22nd 03 09:21 AM
Recognize this Santa pattern?? Dawne Peterson Needlework 2 September 1st 03 02:59 PM
THAT yarn and THAT pattern - NOT! SlinkyToy Yarn 2 August 3rd 03 06:13 PM