Twelve Weeks til Christmas Challenge..

Old September 26th 04, 01:10 AM
Lynne Van

Default Twelve Weeks til Christmas Challenge..

....and so i SAID there would be twelve weeks left by the time I got
going, and so there are!

Now that the paper is done, and I am a free woman again,for the first
time in 3 years,I have massive amounts of catching up to do..quilting
wise.

Also being on a continual round of decluttering these days, I want to
get some "old" projects out of the way, and start some new ones, so I
can reduce the stash I've been collecting for too long, and again, make
room for new stuff...but overall., to reduce the total space quilting
related items take up in my house, by about half.

The goal is one project per week for the next twelve weeks...only one of
them is actually for Christmas..but it's a time frame I can manage, and
gives me a deadline to meet.

So, if anyone wants to join me in this challenge, e-mail me and we'll
get started. (I'm starting anyway...finishing one project today!)

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto
Old September 26th 04, 02:01 AM
SB

Congrats on being a free woman, Lynne! You seemed to be quite a busy gal
when we met at Quilt Canada in 2000 at York University.

This sounds like something I need... our house is on the market as dh
wants to move back to Winnipeg and I am in 'decluttering' mode. When we
were transferred here 5 yrs ago, the company paid for our move, but
since this is a move at his request and they would prefer we stay in
Toronto (actually we live in Brampton) we are paying more the move. Can
you say "We have way too much stuff?"

How do you figure this challenge will work? I just found a Hallowe'en
door hanging that needs binding and has been waiting for a long time as
it got lost when the movers packed my sewing room.

Quilted hugs
Sue in Brampton... formerly Wpg... and about to be Wpg again if the
house sells. If not, we'll re-list in the spring so I'll still be in
'decluttering' mode.

[This followup was posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

In article , says...

Old September 26th 04, 03:33 AM
Louise

A project a week? I don't think I can do that, but I'll sure try to get my
one project done in time to give it as a Christmas gift! Suddenly Christmas
is feeling awfully close -- I hadn't been thinking in terms of it being only
12 weeks away. I can see me now, still sewing the binding on Christmas Eve.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old September 26th 04, 03:36 AM
Jalynne

I can do that, but very few will be quilt related...LOL. Most will be jewelry, and
some will be sewing. I think i have 3 quilts on the list.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old September 26th 04, 08:28 AM
Charlie

Yeah, I'll join you. Most are Christmas presents that haven't been started
yet though! I'm awaiting delivery of patterns some time soon....

Charlie.

Old September 26th 04, 10:13 AM
Sarah Dixon

Do they have to be quilting projects?
I'm challenging myself to finish 5 craft projects and declutter/
reorganise 4 rooms before Xmas.

sarah
Old September 26th 04, 12:03 PM
Patti

e-mail sent.
..
In article , Lynne Van
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 26th 04, 04:18 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I wish I had enough time to do a project a week! I've got so many tucked
away and I just keep starting more and taking more classes. What I need
is an extra day a week that is a totally quilting day with no
interruptions and meals and my elbow when I realize I'm hungry and need
a break. LOL.

Maureen

Old September 26th 04, 04:30 PM
Betty in Wi

Sounds like something I should do! I, too, need to reduce my stash by about
1/2.........but it just grows! I finished one item yesterday. I know I can't
finish one a week........but I'm going to see how many I can finish.
Betty
.. .

Old September 26th 04, 05:48 PM
MoragP

OK. I'm in. Here's my list.

1. 40 Fleece scarves with appliqued flowers.

2. Black and white quilt for DS.

3. Crazy quilt pillow for my old pal Bill.

4. 2 Children's quilts for Fire Department

5. 6 Fabric bowls

6. One Snippets Christmas wreath

7. One Snippets sunflower wall hanging

I think that's everything. If it isn't, too bad. That's my list and I'm
sticking with it.

Morag in Detroit