Now that's PURPLE

Old March 18th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

Default Now that's PURPLE

I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

Old March 18th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

You know, I think that when they are repainted, they SHOULD be
repainted something other than black - then you KNOW it's not
original. I'd hate to spend good money on a "mint" machine and then
find out it had been repainted.

British Racing Green - that would rock. I did choose my color from
automotive paint; it's called "Plum Crazy" and was available on the
70-71 Challenger.

Old March 18th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

TinaR wrote:
I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

It sure is! That's purty!

You may get purists whinging at you for 'spoiling' a FW. Ignore them!
If I ever get my hands on one that works just fine but has a poor paint
surface, I will be very tempted to get it a new paint job like that.
May go for ruby red or British Racing Green, or cobalt, or...

I'm sure when the right one turns up it'll tell me what colour it wants
to be.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 18th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

I agree with you on the purists. If you want it to be pink, or brown,
or whatever. If it is kind of tatty then why not just paint it to suit
you ideas. Now, if it was a pristine example, then I might have some
issues with your choice of a repaint. But, if it is already chipped
and careworn, why not make it into something that you like. Where did
you get the painting done? I have seen some pictured at various quilt
shows, but was never able to get a line on where the company was
located.

Old March 18th 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

On Mar 18, 3:21*pm, John wrote:
On Mar 18, 4:14*pm, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:

TinaR wrote:
[...]

I found someone who was offering a painted one on Ebay, and asked if
he would do a custom job. I could not find a machine which I thought
was rough enough to paint, at a price I would pay, (Honestly, there
are some real pieces of cr*p out there for $300).

He had a couple that he had bought cheap and agreed to restore it and
paint one for me to my specs. The folks who paint them at the shows

http://home.cablelynx.com/~rambo2/Colors/index.htm

There is also a company that puts painted ones on eBay, they don't
just paint them, they replicate the decals in a coordinating color.

I wanted one to use, not to preserve!

Old March 18th 09, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

That was such a surprise. It was much like driving into downtown Atlanta
and seeing the First Baptist Church painted purple. Part of me must be
purist. I can get used to a pretty purple Featherweight - but you stay away
from my Yorkie, okay? Polly

Old March 18th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

On Mar 18, 4:09*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
That was such a surprise. *It was much like driving into downtown Atlanta
and seeing the First Baptist Church painted purple. *Part of me must be
purist. *I can get used to a pretty purple Featherweight - but you stay away
from my Yorkie, okay? *Polly

I love the visual of 1st Baptist painted purple - did you ever see the
picture of the house in Avondale Estates that the guy painted lime
green with HUGE purple dots as a protest against some ruling of the
homeowner's association? That was at least 5 years ago, that's when I
left Atlanta.

Can I at least put a purple bow in her hair and paint her toenails?

Old March 18th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

DH just came through and said it looked liked a 1970 Dodge. Amazing the
trivia stored in that man's head. And yes. You can put a purple bow in
Yogi's hair so long as you rub the belly and hand over a treat. Bacon would
be good. Polly

Old March 18th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Oh man! I LOVE the color! What a great choice and congrats all around.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"TinaR" wrote in message
I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

To the Purple lovers Polly Esther Quilting 21 July 22nd 06 11:54 AM
AD: Little purple Cindy Schoepp Beads 0 October 1st 05 04:28 PM
Purple Eye Candy Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 0 January 12th 05 09:19 PM
purple flowers to end all purple flowers Dr. Sooz Beads 15 July 31st 03 07:46 AM