I'm New Here

Old January 28th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary Gillette

Default I'm New Here

Hi! I'm new here and have never belonged to a newsgroup before. How do
I change the way my name displays? Currently it shows my real name, and
I'd like to use my nickname. I would be grateful if someone could help
me with that....TIA

Mary "Cornwoman" in AZ
Old January 28th 08, 10:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Hi Mary
Welcome to the group. It's a great bunch.

I can't help with your technical difficulties. I would try unsubscribing and
resubscribing with you nickname. I'm sure someone else will have better
advice. I haven't seen many questions come up over the last few years that
there wasn't someone on this group that new the answer.

You'll also find a huge range of opinions on any topic you want to start.
These are just opinions, so don't feel bad if a few don't agree with you.

So, tell us something about yourself, QI's (pets), chocolate preference,
quilting styles......

Marilyn
in the deep freeze of
Alberta, Canada

Old January 28th 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Welcome Mary
I'm afraid you wouldn't get far if I tried to help with anything
technical with computers! However, I might be able to help with quilty
questions sometimes g You will definitely get help with your 'name'
question, though. There are some real tech. wizards around here.
What kind of quilt-making do you enjoy?
..
In message , Mary Gillette
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 28th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Hi Mary,

Welcome, I am still an apprentice groupie.

What program are you using to view the newsgroup?
If you are using Outlook Express, I can help.

Regards,
Di
Vic Aust

Old January 28th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

I use thunderbird and can help you it that's the program you use.

Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\

Mary Gillette wrote:
Hi! I'm new here and have never belonged to a newsgroup before. How do
I change the way my name displays? Currently it shows my real name, and
clip

Old January 28th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Find something on your menu called "Options", I think it's under the
"Extras" pulldown. Then you get a lot of things to play with, including
"Sigbatures"!
Welcome to the group.
Roberta in D

Old January 28th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

Welcome to our humble group, Mary!! We do have fun here and learn
loads!!
Have you been quilting a long time?

amy in CNY
Old January 28th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

.... and if you use Thunderbird, I may be able to help.

Julia in MN
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old January 28th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Then you get a lot of things to play with, including

"Sigbatures"! ........do not confuse this with "Sigbutt-ture" which is
something Sig leaves after sitting on a bench while wearing a wet swim
suit.

Welcome to the group, Mary.

Val

Old January 28th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary Gillette

Hi everyone!!! Thank you for such a warm welcome! I am looking forward
to getting to know all of you.

The mail program that I use is Thunderbird. I usually go by the name
Cornwoman as I'm sure none of you guessed by my signature. lol Any help
from you T-Bird users on this would be greatly appreciated.

Info about me....hmmmm...I've been happily married for almost 39 years
to my DH, we have 3 grown up kids and 5 grandchildren ranging in age
from 7 months old to one that will be 19 years old in March. We live in
Mesa, AZ near the foot of the Superstition Mountains.

While I've been sewing for about 46 years, I didn't teach myself to
quilt until early 1994, so I've been quilting only about 14 years. My
favorite type of quilting? Hand applique and hand piecing, and as of
just recently, hand quilting. I do machine stuff too, on my trusty old
Bernina 1630 and my new little Brother CS6000i, but hand work is my
favorite. I love bright colors, batiks, wool, primitive fabrics and
style, choosing fabrics and coming up with the designs I want to do.
And most importantly...dark chocolate!! lol I'm not sure what else to
say, as I feel like I've gone on and on about myself, but if I've left
something out, please feel free to ask.

Now....I know that I saw at least a couple of you in the Phoenix area
besides myself....what area of metro Phoenix are you in, and what are
your favorite LQS?

Hugs,

Mary "Cornwoman" in AZ

Mary Gillette wrote:
Hi! I'm new here and have never belonged to a newsgroup before. How
do I change the way my name displays? Currently it shows my real
name, and clip