Double wedding ring templates

Old April 7th 08, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
michelle jolley

Default Double wedding ring templates

Hi I am peering in from lurkdom,

I have always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt and am now faced
with a dilemma as to which templates to use. I am tempted by Marti
Mitchell's templates but have heard lots about Shar Jorgensen's methods and
templates. I want to mainly piece this by machine.

I would be really grateful to anyone who could shed some light on this and
help me decide.
Thanks in advance
Michelle Jolley

Old April 7th 08, 10:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Probably both brands would work equally well. Pick the one with the
instruction book you like better. I have Shar Jorgensen's and had absolutely
no difficulty assembling by machine. It comes in 2 sizes, and mine is the
smaller size.
Roberta in D

Old April 7th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

The Shar Jorgenson one is made by omnigrid now. I had great results
with that set. You can get them at Joann's with a coupon if that is
an option for you and there are add ons you can get to do other
patterns later. I havne't used but never heard anything bad about
Marti Michell ones either.
HTH, Taria

Old April 8th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

I've done 2 DWR -- one traditional DWR with templates and one special DWR
via paper piecing (Judy Niemeyer's Wedding Star -
http://www.quiltworx.com/ -- go to patterns and search Wedding Star) She
also has basic DWR as well.

If I were to do another one (and someday I might) -- I would probably do it
the Paper Pieced method. It took FAR LESS TIME and the accuracy was spot
on! (even though the pattern was more complex).

If you want more info as to why I prefer the PP method over the templates --
post back and I'll be happy to give more than my 2 cents! :-)

--
Kate in MI

Old April 8th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
michelle jolley

Thanks for that Kate,

Although I really like the wedding star and I don't mind paper piecing I
still really like the look of the traditional DWR I will take your comments
on board though. I love Judy Niemeyer's patterns, especially the Hawaiian
star. Definitely a website to go back to.

There doesn't seem to be a retailer who sells Shar Jorgensen's templates so
I might have to rethink it anyway.
Thanks for your help
Michelle

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
I've done 2 DWR -- one traditional DWR with templates and one special DWR
via paper piecing (Judy Niemeyer's Wedding Star -
http://www.quiltworx.com/ -- go to patterns and search Wedding Star)
She also has basic DWR as well.

If I were to do another one (and someday I might) -- I would probably do
it the Paper Pieced method. It took FAR LESS TIME and the accuracy was
spot on! (even though the pattern was more complex).

If you want more info as to why I prefer the PP method over the
templates -- post back and I'll be happy to give more than my 2 cents!
:-)

--
Kate in MI

Old April 8th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

The Shar Jorgensen templates are now sold with an Omnigrid label. G
JoAnn's carries them. BG So you can often find them on sale, or use a
coupon for them.

Pati, in Phx

Michelle Jolley wrote:
Thanks for that Kate,

Although I really like the wedding star and I don't mind paper piecing I
still really like the look of the traditional DWR I will take your comments
on board though. I love Judy Niemeyer's patterns, especially the Hawaiian
star. Definitely a website to go back to.

There doesn't seem to be a retailer who sells Shar Jorgensen's templates so
I might have to rethink it anyway.
Thanks for your help
Michelle

. ..

Old April 8th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

http://www.qheartland.com/
http://www.backdoorquiltshoppe.com/
http://www.quiltersfancy.ca/shar.html
http://www.amazon.com/Double-Wedding.../dp/B0007TYPKU
http://www.doodle-head.com/quilt/dwr/
http://www.sewandquilt.com/learn/wor...1sharlene.html
http://www.joann.com/

I have both Shar's and John Flynn's (older) templates; both work just fine.

R/Sandy

On 4/8/08 12:53 PM, in article jaedncOzy52yLGbanZ2dnUVZ8rednZ2d@plusnet,
"Michelle Jolley" wrote:

Thanks for that Kate,

Although I really like the wedding star and I don't mind paper piecing I
still really like the look of the traditional DWR I will take your comments
on board though. I love Judy Niemeyer's patterns, especially the Hawaiian
star. Definitely a website to go back to.

There doesn't seem to be a retailer who sells Shar Jorgensen's templates so
I might have to rethink it anyway.
Thanks for your help
Michelle

. ..

Old April 9th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

If you like FPP try using the templates with foundations for
the arcs. I taught a class of beginners DWR methods using a
very light sew in interfacing for the foundation for the
arcs (traced from the templates) and then using the
templates to cut the "backgrounds". The foundations don't
have to be pulled out and they give a stabilized arc that is
exactly the right size/shape. Result - 7 KS quilts in
about as many weeks, including one of the WR Star by JN made
by a real beginner.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Michelle Jolley" wrote in
message news:jaedncOzy52yLGbanZ2dnUVZ8rednZ2d@plusnet...
: Thanks for that Kate,
:
: Although I really like the wedding star and I don't mind
paper piecing I
: still really like the look of the traditional DWR I will
take your comments
: on board though. I love Judy Niemeyer's patterns,
especially the Hawaiian
: star. Definitely a website to go back to.
:
: There doesn't seem to be a retailer who sells Shar
Jorgensen's templates so
: I might have to rethink it anyway.
: Thanks for your help
: Michelle
:
: "Kate G." wrote in message
: . ..
: I've done 2 DWR -- one traditional DWR with templates
and one special DWR
: via paper piecing (Judy Niemeyer's Wedding Star -
: http://www.quiltworx.com/ -- go to patterns and search
Wedding Star)
: She also has basic DWR as well.
:
: If I were to do another one (and someday I might) -- I
would probably do
: it the Paper Pieced method. It took FAR LESS TIME and
the accuracy was
: spot on! (even though the pattern was more complex).
:
: If you want more info as to why I prefer the PP method
over the
: templates -- post back and I'll be happy to give more
than my 2 cents!
: :-)
:
:
: --
: Kate in MI
: http://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves
:
:
:
:
:
:

Old April 9th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
michelle jolley

Thanks for the links Sandy, I live in the U.K and so far haven't found
anywhere here. I will check out the shipping rates from the shops you
listed.
Thanks again
Michelle

Old April 9th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Hi Michelle
I have just checked with a few of my regular places over here, and I
found all three stock the templates. They don't say which ones they
are, but you could ask - they look like the sort of templates that are
Marti Michell's, they have the same logo on them as some Marti Michell's
in the same catalogue.
www.creativegrids.com
www.quiltdirect.com
www.cottonpatch.co.uk

They are all good to order from. I have ordered mostly from Cotton
Patch and Creative Grids; but I'm sure Quilt Direct are as good. They
all stock the same set, though, by the look of it.
..
In message zIKdnT3e4LsiCGHanZ2dnUVZ8t-nnZ2d@plusnet, Michelle Jolley
writes
Thanks for the links Sandy, I live in the U.K and so far haven't found
anywhere here. I will check out the shipping rates from the shops you
listed.
Thanks again
Michelle

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

double wedding ring Anne Rogers[_3_] Quilting 19 January 31st 08 02:57 AM
Double Wedding Ring grammykathy Quilting 12 April 9th 07 08:37 PM
double wedding ring... Kate G. Quilting 4 March 25th 06 06:17 AM
Double Wedding Ring bckwrds Quilting 5 April 2nd 05 02:38 AM
Double Wedding Ring MAD in GA Quilting 16 October 30th 03 07:50 AM