New pictures of my SP (stash protectors)

Old August 19th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna973

Default New pictures of my SP (stash protectors)

Uh oh...busted
--
Donna
http://community.webshots.com/user/donna9736

"KJ" wrote in message
Real mean watch dogs huh? "hey, come on in! We keep the good silver over
here. You can find the jewelry in the back closet under the blanket
chest. Just rub my ears and I'll let you know where the cash is!"
KJ

"Donna973" wrote in message
. ..
Really Maureen, I can't tell you that! How effective will they be if you
come armed with ice cream sandwiches and tennis balls.

Donna
http://community.webshots.com/user/donna9736

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
lobal.net...

Very sweet looking (oops, I meant intimidating) stash protectors. And
they
can be bribed with what--hotdogs, burger, milkbones? (Got to know in
case we
plan a stash raid)

Maureen

Old August 19th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna973

I'm beginning to feel there are cracks in my defense system.g
--
Donna

http://community.webshots.com/user/donna9736
"Taria" wrote in message
Normal is good Donna.
Those pooches sure are sweet looking for being such attack machines!
I bet I have a doggy treat that would be a good bribe ; )
Taria

Donna973 wrote:
Some bumps in the road of my life have kept me away from the group for a
few months, as well as away from quilting. Things seem to be back to
normal at this point and quilting is slowing starting to happen again.
In the meantime, I thought some of you might enjoy seeing my very big and
MEAN stash protectors, Crusher and Killer. (I put their alias' in the
photo captions so as not to frighten the general public.) They're "at
ease" in these pictures but don't let that fool you. They can attack at
a moment's notice should they sense a threat to the safety and security
of my stash. They have very large teeth and are not afraid to use
them......
Look in the "Pups" folder and prepare to oohhh and aahhh.

Old August 19th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

Default String pieced quilt was New pictures of my SP (stash protectors)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:01:15 -0400, "Donna973"
wrote:

...It was
a fun way to use up some scraps. Now all it needs is some quilting.....

I LOVE scrappy! This is gorgeous!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old August 19th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Wow! That's beautiful! Now I think I know what I'm going to do with all
those strips I've been saving!
Debi

"Donna973" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks Sandy! To be honest, I wasn't sure how that string pieced quilt
would work without a foundation. I'd always heard that, because of the
bias involved, a foundation was needed. So I dutifully printed some
paper foundations out of EQ. I wanted a certain amount of organization in
the blocks so I thought the foundation would help in that. I quickly
found out that I don't like paper piecing. I can do it with no problem,
but the process is just too tedious for me. I was using official paper
piecing foundation paper, but removing it drove me crazy. I can
absolutely see where it would make life much easier for certain blocks,
but not here. So I ended up just piecing the strips, being a little
careful not to stretch them. I made the blocks a bit larger than needed
and just whacked them down to size at the end. I really didn't get any
distortion to speak of. It was a fun way to use up some scraps. Now all
it needs is some quilting.....

Donna
http://community.webshots.com/user/donna9736

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Of course I love the pics of the pooches, esp. the Spaniel
(that long nose is very familiar).

On Topic: the WIP pic of the String Pieced quilt,
without foundation-- that's the way I do it.
Since I handquilt everything I don't want another layer under
the top, I like to use batting and backing as usual.
Just sewing narrow strips together gives the top plenty of structure.
Very nice quilt, Donna, well done!

For more On Topic, see Donna's quilt pics of the chair quilt,
starring her Stash Protectors. ;-P

Ragmop/Sandy

Pictures posted off kilter quilter Quilting 4 March 13th 06 08:39 PM
Ok, organized bins pictures ~KK in BC~ Quilting 23 December 31st 05 11:05 AM
New Studio Pictures! Dawn >^..^ Beads 28 November 30th 05 06:55 PM
new pictures! Dr. Quilter Quilting 5 January 5th 04 05:03 PM
CROSSPOSTED - new pictures, even some quilt pictures!! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 December 28th 03 04:55 AM