Help - how to remove oil drops from quilt?

Old December 13th 04, 07:48 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Default Help - how to remove oil drops from quilt?

Remember the old K2R Spotlifter? I sure wish I had some now!
I olied my walking foot and now have a few spots on a quilt that
I'm working on. Is there anything like the K2R that I can use to
remove them?
Mickie

Old December 13th 04, 09:18 PM
Julia in MN

Try Energine or one of the Shout wipes

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 13th 04, 10:00 PM

Alex Anderson recommends corn starch brushed on and allowed to set
overnight. Have not tried it myself. Nancycog in MD

Old December 13th 04, 10:06 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Try liquid dish detergent. It often will get a stain out that otherwise
won't come out.

Pauline

Old December 13th 04, 10:50 PM
Pati Cook

Try Carbona Stain remover, it took set in for who knows how long motor
type oil out of terry cloth. And is environmentally friendly.
Or Z'Out.

Pati, in Phx

Old December 14th 04, 01:26 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Cornstarch works great! I have used it on a number of articles of clothing,
and it helps remove lots of greasy stains. I brush it into both sides of
the fabric with a toothbrush, let set overnight, then brush or beat it out
in the morning. Repeat if needed. Then wash, and the oil stain is gone.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old December 14th 04, 03:35 AM
Polly Esther

Aha, Mickie. We wondered where you were or, better yet, what you were up to.
Details, we want details.
As to the cornstarch - oh my yes. I always try that first. Back before I
became a deliriously happy deadbeat and Dressed Everyday, I used cornstarch
to remove the grungy make-up stuff from the collars of my coats, sweaters,
and blouses, even (or especially) wool and silk. Didn't always work but it
was harmless and usually did the trick.
For the Inquiring Minds...no I don't "dress" now, I just cover up.
Gators are not very fashion conscious. Polly

Old December 17th 04, 12:13 AM
..Mickie Swall..

Going to get some of the stain remover next time I see it, but for
now a little dab of dish soap and some rubbing with a damp sponge
has lightened them enough so the spots fade & blend with the rest
of the fabric. I didn't want to have to wash the whole quilt, not an
option with my commissioned projects! g
Thanks everybody for your suggestions
Mickie

Old December 17th 04, 12:28 AM

white toothpaste, brushed on...

An evil quilt attacks you ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg Quilting 18 September 4th 10 12:55 AM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Mini B.C. quilt shop tour shhdesigns Quilting 13 September 15th 04 04:03 AM
Gifting a "used" quilt? KI Graham Quilting 13 September 6th 04 07:18 PM
Returned Quilt -- What to do with it?? Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 20 March 8th 04 06:55 PM