OT. To lighten up the day

Old November 28th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default OT. To lighten up the day

An 18th-century vagabond in England, exhausted and famished,
came to a roadside inn with a sign reading, "George and the
Dragon." He knocked.

The innkeeper's wife stuck her head out a window. "Could ye
spare some victuals?" he asked.

The woman glanced at his shabby, dirty clothes. "No!" she
shouted.

"Could I have a pint of ale?"

"No!" she shouted.

"Could I at least sleep in your stable?"

"No!" she shouted again.

The vagabond said, "Might I please..."

"What now?" the woman screeched, not allowing him to finish.

"D'ye suppose," he asked, "that I might have a word with
George?"
Old November 28th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
news
An 18th-century vagabond in England, exhausted and famished,
came to a roadside inn with a sign reading, "George and the
Dragon." He knocked.

The innkeeper's wife stuck her head out a window. "Could ye
spare some victuals?" he asked.

The woman glanced at his shabby, dirty clothes. "No!" she
shouted.

"Could I have a pint of ale?"

"No!" she shouted.

"Could I at least sleep in your stable?"

"No!" she shouted again.

The vagabond said, "Might I please..."

"What now?" the woman screeched, not allowing him to finish.

"D'ye suppose," he asked, "that I might have a word with
George?"

Big Grin! I will admit that it took me a minute.

Old November 28th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 28, 4:33*pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:18:43 GMT, Gillian Murray
opined:

An 18th-century vagabond in England, exhausted and famished,
came to a roadside inn with a sign reading, "George and the
Dragon." He knocked.

The innkeeper's wife stuck her head out a window. "Could ye
spare some victuals?" he asked.

The woman glanced at his shabby, dirty clothes. "No!" she
shouted.

"Could I have a pint of ale?"

"No!" she shouted.

"Could I at least sleep in your stable?"

"No!" she shouted again.

The vagabond said, "Might I please..."

"What now?" the woman screeched, not allowing him to finish.

"D'ye suppose," he asked, "that I might have a word with
George?"

Oh Gillian - you must have worked hard to find that one lol

When I grow up, I don't wanna be a gow. I wanna be a dragon.

Elizabeth
Old November 28th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Well you've sure got a good start. Practice makes perfect!!! RD&H

Old November 29th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:18:43 GMT, Gillian Murray
opined:

An 18th-century vagabond in England, exhausted and famished,
came to a roadside inn with a sign reading, "George and the
Dragon." He knocked.

The innkeeper's wife stuck her head out a window. "Could ye
spare some victuals?" he asked.

The woman glanced at his shabby, dirty clothes. "No!" she
shouted.

"Could I have a pint of ale?"

"No!" she shouted.

"Could I at least sleep in your stable?"

"No!" she shouted again.

The vagabond said, "Might I please..."

"What now?" the woman screeched, not allowing him to finish.

"D'ye suppose," he asked, "that I might have a word with
George?"

Oh Gillian - you must have worked hard to find that one lol

Nah...it is DH's feeble brain! We have been painting, so maybe the fumes
got to him! LOL and also Lying Out Loud!
Old November 29th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 28, 5:07*pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net

wrote:

[...]

Thank you, ma'am.

*grin*

Elizabeth
Old November 29th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Nov 28, 5:07 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net

wrote:

[...]

Meant as a compliment and happily taken as one. ;^)

OT. To lighten the mood! Gill Murray Needlework 1 December 15th 05 05:47 PM
Lighten up Polly Esther Quilting 14 November 22nd 04 07:41 PM
OT. Something to lighten the mood! Gillian Murray Needlework 4 September 10th 04 08:56 PM
lighten up people grizzzlyadam Pottery 1 March 18th 04 10:31 PM
OT to lighten the tone Jan Lennie Needlework 7 July 25th 03 04:22 PM