OT Fighting you, Marg

Old October 22nd 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT Fighting you, Marg

On 10/22/08 11:10 AM, in article , "MargW"
wrote:

Gill Murray wrote:
OK, I started the Global challenge today; the first time on day 1. We
should be around most of the winter, so may the games play on. Joining
us Cheryl, Trish et al??

Gillian

Me, too - I've been playing the Global Challenge. I also started, for
the first time yesterday, the Knockout Challenge. Managed to get
through to day two. Wonder if I'll win today's bout.

BTW - Cheryl created a monster when she got me playing these games. I'm
now in fifth spot in my class, and rank as 783rd out of almost 100,000
players.

MargW

Proudly taking her curtain call

Old October 22nd 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/22/08 11:19 AM, in article ,
"Gill Murray" wrote:

MargW wrote:
Gill Murray wrote:

OK, I started the Global challenge today; the first time on day 1. We
should be around most of the winter, so may the games play on. Joining
us Cheryl, Trish et al??

Gillian

Me, too - I've been playing the Global Challenge. I also started, for
the first time yesterday, the Knockout Challenge. Managed to get
through to day two. Wonder if I'll win today's bout.

BTW - Cheryl created a monster when she got me playing these games. I'm
now in fifth spot in my class, and rank as 783rd out of almost 100,000
players.

MargW

I am # 19 of 10,000 in my class, and # 3,409 of 939,953 ranking quiz
players worldwide.

I cut and pasted, couldn't remember the silly numbers!

Got to get back to work, and get the house ready for the cleaning lady,
who comes after lunch. It does make me pick things up, and put them away
at least once a month!

If we're bragging
Your score of 142200 points ranks you # 26 of 10,000 players in your class

Old October 22nd 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Gill Murray wrote:

MargW wrote:
Gill Murray wrote:

[...]

Definitely, addictive. I usually start my morning with my coffee in
front of the computer. I check e-mail, newsgroups, and then FunTrivia.
Once I've done the daily quizzes, I try to do all the hourly ones. I
try to make myself log off and go do something else. It's a good thing
I'm working a couple of days a week. However, I will quite often check
just to see where I am in my group ranking for the day.

I like to 'run' a category in the quizzes, which helps run my points up
very quickly.

MargW
Old October 22nd 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Hey - how many KO's?

I think I'm in the 50 range. I was surprised I won my round yesterday
- I scored miserably. Some days they have a bunch of sci-fi questions
and/or soccer questions. I just guess on those. Today, though, I got
20/20 and 1800+.

Linda
Old October 23rd 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

I've lost/forgotten my user id and password for Funtrivia. Emails to retrieve
'em never arrive. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old October 23rd 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Cheryl.....she needs your help, team leader!!

Old October 23rd 08, 11:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/22/08 7:56 PM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

I've lost/forgotten my user id and password for Funtrivia. Emails to retrieve
'em never arrive. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, have you checked your FunTrivia mail box?

Go to
http://www.funtrivia.com/games.cfm

And look in the upper right hand corner for your ID and see if you have mail
there.

Otherwise, email me off list and I'll send you direct mail to "rejoin". You
might need to create a new id, but I'm sure you'll be able to manage that.

Cheryl

Off to play the next round of Global Challenge

Old November 15th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rosemary Peeler

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 23:27:03 GMT, Gill Murray
wrote:

OK, I started the Global challenge today; the first time on day 1. We
should be around most of the winter, so may the games play on. Joining
us Cheryl, Trish et al??

Gillian

I very stupidly ignored this thread for a bit, so I was late starting
this time. It must be interesting to be in there right from the
beginning.

I go and check how I'm doing against other people from my part of the
world (Victoria, Australia) every day or 2 as well as seeing which of
us have got the highest scores recently.

I've had a real struggle finding 5 categories I could do well enough.

I don't do General because I think all the real experts do it and if I
get matched with them and do badly, I go down in the variation from
1500 thingy. That's where I'm aiming to get as high a score as
possible.

I did well in that area in Global Challenges 2 & 3 and I think I was
only doing 3 to 4 categories and definitely found it hard to get to
more than twice a day.

Rosemary in Melbourne, Australia
Old November 15th 08, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Stick with your strengths and do do the Impossible and Brain Twist. They can
only help you.

Cheryl