OT - we've joined the animal rescue ranks

Old August 26th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

Default OT - we've joined the animal rescue ranks

It's been a while since I've posted an update of any substance, hasn't it?
well, I"ve not been doing a lot of quilting lately, although, I'm supposed
to finish a baby quilt for a friend of mine this weekend. I'm working on it
slowly, but the house is a disaster, and I've been feeling rather blah and
tired lately, not to mention working extra hours at the office. Oh yeah,
forgot to mention that I'm working part time, and have been for about a
year. My DH has been a Navy Recruiter for the past year, and has one year
left. He's working about 60-70 hours a week, so he's hardly ever home.
Doesn't leave much time for me to play, but i sneak some time in here and
there. Once school starts again, I'll have more time both on the computer
and on creative endeavors.

Anyway...about the subject...one more thing that has been keeping us super
busy. I love cats, and I hate this time of year when I hear about so many
abandoned, neglected and homeless ones. You can read more detail about it
on my blog (link in siggie), but we are on our second family of cats. The
most recent cat came to us nearly three weeks ago, and very pregnant. She
had her kittens last Thursday while I was at work, and they're such a joy to
watch. This will be an ongoing thing for us. We'll take in one family at a
time. The organization I'm working through provides all the vet visits,
medications, etc. and even some of the food that we'll need. We just
provide a clean, safe and loving place for them, and make sure to get them
to the adoption center when it's time for them to find their Forever homes.

So that's what's going on with me. I still get online every day, but
usually only have time to read emails and scan messages. I miss being
around here more often, but life does get in the way. You can reach me
through my blog site, if you don't already have my email address.

I do have some quilts planned to start this year, but I have a couple of
UFO's to finish first. Like I said, after school starts, I'll have more
time to work on that.

--
Jenn in Tacoma
www.jalynne.etsy.com

Old August 26th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Jenn......
You will have SO much fun being a "foster mom" to these poor creatures.
Before I bought my house, and became a dog owner, I did foster care for
kittens and I loved it. One time, I had a litter of 6 who had lost their
mom, and though they were a LOT of work, omigosh, once they became
healthy and "frisky", they were an absolute joy. I had a guest room that
I kept mama's and babies in, and I loved it. It was the perfect
atmosphere for them, since I work and they had nothing but peace and
quiet most of the time. Bless you for doing this. The rewards are many.
Good Luck.

Patti in Seattle

Old August 26th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Aug 25, 7:00 pm, "Jenn/Jalynne" wrote:
[...]

Good for you! Fostering pregnant moms has one big advantage-even
though it is
a lot of work and emotional investment--you get all the fun & joy of
kittens,
but not the long-term responsibility.
I just raised two week-old orphans, and let them go earlier this week.
They
are 10 weeks old now. I miss them. sniff

Sherry

Old August 26th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

I know how much work abandoned kittens can be. We got our older cat,
Roxanne, when she was a week old and abandoned on top of our apartment.
That was nearly 15 years ago. We bottle fed every two hours and did all the
stuff her mama would have done. She thinks she's a 'people'.

--
Jenn in Tacoma
www.jalynne.etsy.com