border print

Old August 24th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

Default border print

I bought 3 metres of this lovely on sale [not at this ebay auction...but
this is the same fabric]. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it....
Ideas, everyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rich-RED-FLORAL-...ayphotohosting

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old August 24th 07, 08:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Do you remember the 'rosy posy' (was that it's name?) that Joan showed
us a little while ago? I think she did at least a couple? The basic
pattern was a four-patch, but made up like Stack 'n' Whack. So you had
these four-patches with each quarter of each cut out at exactly matching
parts of the fabric' pattern. I just looked at the fabric, and I reckon
it would be super for that pattern.

I tried to find the actual name, and looked up Google groups. The best
I could find was by searching on Joan 8904; but I couldn't pinpoint
Joan's post with the link to a picture. Perhaps Joan is reading and can
help?

I have some pretty border prints and that's what I plan to do with mine.
..
In message H9uzi.87295$rX4.63041@pd7urf2no, KI Graham
writes
I bought 3 metres of this lovely on sale [not at this ebay auction...but
this is the same fabric]. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it....
Ideas, everyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rich-RED-FLORAL-...Stripe-Fabric_
W0QQitemZ330158091123QQihZ014QQcategoryZ28162QQcm dZViewItem#ebayphotohos
ting

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 24th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Ooh, pretty! If you can't think of any pattern you like, just send it over.

Maybe a strippy? Make long rows of your current fave block, or a prairie
braid out of scraps. Cut strips of roses and alternate with the pieced
strips. Save a strip or 2 to make the border top and bottom.
Roberta in D

Old August 24th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

I love these border prints.....I have lots of them.....I use the
borders in the actual block, making the centers like a kaleidoscope,
then use the narrow border as a sashing....I have also fussy cut
Kaleidoscope wedges from the stripe with one of the narrow borders
included....Check out
www.jennybeyer.com
for more ideas.
Mauvice in central WI

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rich-RED-FLORAL-...ER-Stripe-Fabr...

Old August 24th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi Kim - Jinny Beyer border print placemats are another way to use
this type of print. http://pir8.freeservers.com/quilting...mats/index.htm
This explains the technique but you could take it further if you
wanted to cut the segments to make other finished shaped blocks to use
in a quilt. jennellh

Old August 24th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

I saw a quilting show on TV where they used border prints. What they did
was use 1/4 of a diamond and cut the shap out of the border strip, then
flipped the strip and cut the identical piece out 4 times, then sewed them
back together in the diamond shape. She eventually went on to make a
tumbling block pattern out of all of her border print diamonds. They have
the stack/wack type look to them when assembled. Anyhow it was a cool way
to use a border print... I have my own print I bought just for this purpose
lol. Thougfh I did make a test one out of some odd border I had hanging
around, I am on my way to the beach right now, but I can post a pick of my
test one later one so it all makes more sence lol

carissa

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are

Old August 24th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

There is a new book out, One Fabric Quilts, that is designs based on
using border print stripes. Might be something to think about. BG (I
got notice of the release of the book yesterday or the day before from
AQS. G)

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

.

Old August 24th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Obviously, Kim, you must wrap it up quickly and mail it to me. Then I
can be the one troubling over what to do with such gorgeous fabric.

Seriously, I have a friend who makes simple 16-square blocks and
alternates them with full blocks and then puts a border such as your
border fabric arounjd the whole thing. Gorgeous, simple and quick way
to havea really lovely quilt, table cloth, you name it.

Sunny

Old August 24th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 05:38:47 GMT, "KI Graham"
wrote:

I bought 3 metres of this lovely on sale [not at this ebay auction...but
this is the same fabric]. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it....
Ideas, everyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rich-RED-FLORAL-...ayphotohosting

Grandmother's Fan
Fussy cut Grandmother's Fan blades and use them as every other blade
in each block. I think you could get several different looking blades
by fussy cutting; some with the narrow stripe up the center, some with
the big flowers only or a bit of narrow stripe on each side, some with
the narrow stripe going across the blade. Example--For an 8 blade fan
I would fussy cut 4 pieces exactly the same and alternate the print
with 4 blades cut from a matching color. I could make several
different fans by using different matching colored blades with the
same fussy cut pattern. Then make other fans with a different looking
fussy cut.

For the pictured print you could use a couple of different greens,
blue, black, gold, tan, and several rose shades as colors for your
alternating blades. You would need to pick one of those colors for a
background, and off-white would probably be the best choice for the
"handle" arc in the corner.

You could add lace trim at the edge of the fans if you want too.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Border SOS! Jessamy Quilting 5 May 4th 05 09:02 PM
Border Or Not? LilyRoseMortem Quilting 12 September 21st 04 08:22 PM
Does it need a border? KJ Quilting 19 September 14th 04 01:39 PM
Help With a Border jakesimah Needlework 6 July 5th 04 03:36 PM
Border? *KoffeeKupz* Quilting 5 May 11th 04 12:02 PM