What software to render bead pattern from scan?

Old March 21st 05, 09:09 PM
WDS

Default What software to render bead pattern from scan?

I'm looking for software that would help turn scanned images into bead
patterns.

Obviously any graphics program can resize an image down to any size we want.
The problem with every graphics program I know, is that the resizing begins
at the upper left corner. As a result, faces and other images do not end up
with their eyes or other details centered over an appropriate set of beads.
What I hope to find is a program that will let me define an appropriate
target grid and lay it over the original image to see a potential result.
In other words, I want it show me what happens if I shift the grid by a
fraction of a bead. It would be ideal if it were possible to place the
resizing grid anywhere necessary to achieve a best result.

In addition the grid should support beads that are wider, or taller because
beads do not necessarily fit a square pattern.

In addition the grid should be rotatable so that BOTH eyes, or other details
can be made to match up with an ideal set of bead positions.

In addition to column/row grid patterns, the grid should support hexagonal
beading patterns.

In addition to being able to preview a resizing based on the best placement
of a target grid, the preview should allow us to select color reductions
based on colors that we can preselect to match our available beads.

Is there any such software?

Old March 24th 05, 10:05 PM
WDS

Bird,

Thank you. I can tell by your reply that you understand the issue.

I know how to use layers to move and rotate by "fractions of a bead". I
know how to create custom palettes for color reductions. But how would you
do a hexagonal grid, and instantly color reduce into a real-time preview?

The "instant preview" is why I hoped to find a specialized program or an
add-in for an existing graphics program. There is a night and day
difference between being able to instantly preview versus a trial and error
render process.

Have you heard of such a program?

"Rare Bird" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

Is there any such software?

You can do that with any imaging software that works with
the concept of "layers." Photoshop is but one brand
that uses "layers."