Who Are We?

Old May 3rd 15, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Default Who Are We?

Joan wrote:
it's been a loooong time since we've had a round of "who are
we" and "what are we working on?" threads

Karen C in California, finally back on my feet after an ankle injury about
a month ago. Luckily, I was on my way home from Michaels/groceries when it
happened, so I had plenty of projects and food in the house for my
recuperation.

My news.individual.net subscription expired while I had my foot up, and I
never remembered to bring the new credit card into the bedroom when I was
up, so I wasn't reading RCTN for several weeks. I'm back now.

I'd bought a chart from Imaginating of quilt squares, meant to be done all
in one shade of blue. I've been re-imagining it in a variety of colors to
be an outer pocket on a tote bag for a friend who likes bright colors.
It's a relatively quick stitch, so it will be either pocket or trim on several
other tote bags for other people (including one for myself).

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com
Finished 4/20/15 -- Yellow Roses with ladybug

MAY IS CFS AWARENESS MONTH
www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2015 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old May 4th 15, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

My name is Ruth, and I live in San Antonio TX. I started Heaven & Earth's "The Nativity" on March 1st and am one row short of finishing the first page. I began reading the newsgroup on another site and was so glad to have found it again. I learned so many things by reading the post, like the loop start. It has certainly come in handy in this current project. I learned about the 5 piece Nativity as well as Floral Finesse both of which after reading that they exist couldn't wait to start them. They are both finished btw, and hang on my walls. Nice to meet all you wonderful people again. A lot of you I remember from the other group.

Old May 4th 15, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Hi, I am Sharon and live in Minnesota. I have just started Sunlit Irises by
Kustom Krafts and love working on it.
Sharon in MN

Old May 4th 15, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I'm Pat from SJ. I'm currently working on several projects - Day into Night by Judy Soulitus. This is an on-line canvas class; The Girls at the Guild by the Purple Thread. This is a SAL with the DVHSG; Pairs of Pears by The Purple Thread - my take-along project; and Eleanor Parr by The Scarlett Letter - this has been put aside for awhile, at least until Day into Night is finished.
Old May 4th 15, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Danny in Overland Park, Kansas. I used to read RCTN when I lived in Virginia. And Indiana.

Working on TW's Celestial Dragon, and I'm doing it just because it's hard. Actually, I'm not finding it to be hard, but one must pay attention. And the results are scrumptious -- not even 1/4 of the way through.

I'd love my next project to be a x-stitch stocking for my wife. I did my two kids' stockings, and it's her turn. Preferably before she's a grandmother! (Kids are 17 and 15, so hopefully I've got some time!)

I loved all the tips that used to fly around on the news group. I think the ease of Googling has changed the nature of learning a new craft/skill. Now you just google up some sites, watch a video, and Bob's your uncle -- off you go. I miss the communal aspect of all the "here's what works for me, YMMV" with the occasional high spirited flame war instigated by a debate over licking vs. not licking!

Oh! I've also been waiting several years to start playing with hardanger. One of these days ...
Old May 7th 15, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

I'm Joan from North Dakota, just 70 miles north of the famed Nordic
Needle. I have worked at the university library for over 30 years, have
a DH, 3 grown children, 2 grandkids, a girl almost 5 gasp! and a 2yo
boy, and a lively German shorthair, whose 2 speeds are run and stop.

I know how to sew, knit, crochet, needlepoint, have dabbled in hardanger
and crewel but my passion is cross stitch. I always have a project
going (just one at a time or I'd never get any done! lol). I just
finished crocheting a doily for the back of my new couch. Previously
this year I made an advent calendar for the gks (*must* remember to do
the finishing before Dec.!), knit an afghan out of some *wonderfully*
soft bulky baby alpaca yarn, (just in time for summer! LOLOL!!!) and
made a cushion for my rocking chair (now that the grandbabes are almost
too old for rocking...that's me...a day late and dollar short).

Just today I will be starting the last of 3 coordinating designs that I
got at the one stitching festival I attended in Las Vegas a number of
years ago. It's called "Believe in the magic of stitching" by Lori
Birmingham. The other 2 are by Stoney Creek and Liz Turner-Diehl.

I really miss all of our previous posters that we've lost to FB and all
the help and enabling they provided.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old May 9th 15, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

I am Rich, from Delaware. I love to cross stitch. I am a floss
licker too.

Will be married for 24 years on 5/18, have one daughter living in
Florida with 4 grandkids.

I also play pool, bass fish, bird watch, and play guitar.

Does anyone here remember a stitching group on AOL? That's been a
long time ago, I almost forgot about it. I learned a lot between that
group and this one.

I am currently stitching a Lizzie Kate "Boxers" called Autumn.

I find it harder and harder to find patterns I like but I do have a
lot in my stash.
Old May 10th 15, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sara

On Sat, 09 May 2015 07:48:03 -0400, Rich
wrote:

I am Rich, from Delaware. I love to cross stitch. I am a floss
licker too.

Will be married for 24 years on 5/18, have one daughter living in
Florida with 4 grandkids.

I also play pool, bass fish, bird watch, and play guitar.

Does anyone here remember a stitching group on AOL? That's been a
long time ago, I almost forgot about it. I learned a lot between that
group and this one.

I am currently stitching a Lizzie Kate "Boxers" called Autumn.

I find it harder and harder to find patterns I like but I do have a
lot in my stash.

I am Sara from Delaware. Never met Rich though :-). I do remember
the AOL boards and there is a fb group for folks who were there.

Currently working on Herbularius, aka Herby, by Chatelaine Designs.

Sara
Old June 5th 15, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
virginia grace

I'm Susie, a nurse who cross stitches, but mostly cut-thread and hardanger. I WAS was one of the AOL people (chvystro)...where is the FB page, please?