I've been playing

Old October 10th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default I've been playing

with Dimensional Curved Patchwork. It goes pretty much like cathedral
windows piecing. The folds are peeled back and stitched so there's a curve
rather than a straight line. The designer is Annette Ornelas, QNM Nov 2002.
That was fun but not enough to make more than 3 blocks of those.
Then I approached Trapunto by Hari Walner. I only did padded hearts
framed by tiny tight stippling. More fun. Did 8 of those.
After that came appliquéd blocks of hearts and stars just because I love
do to them. The quilt underway is a Wounded Warriors one to be sent to the
hospital in Germany. Next I need to get on with Christmas quilting. I
suppose all of you have finished yours. Right? Polly

Old October 10th 11, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Christmas quilting???? I'm supposed to do CHRISTMAS quilting?????

Claudia
Old October 10th 11, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Are you putting those fake curves and hearts and stars together into
one quilt?
Not doing any Christmas quilting, got plenty of regular stuff to
finish.
Roberta in D

Old October 10th 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_2_]

Maybe I will get to finish the Christmas quilting I didn't finish last year,
then again, maybe not.

But, I did love the tutorial and am going to give it a try.

Di
Vic Aust.

Old October 10th 11, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Our Christmas placemats have gotten right shabby looking. I *might* replace
them. Last year I made 4 tree skirts. WHAT was I thinking? Polly

Old October 10th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh yes. I put them all together. It looks like I knew what I was doing but
honestly I just went along until I got there. Does that make sense? Do I
have to make sense? Naaaaaah. Polly

Old October 10th 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Now that a few deadlines are behind me I am relaxing by finishing a
few UFO's. One is a flag quilt I started probably in 1996 (that is the
date on the magazine in which the pattern was published). I have
decided to finish a few UFO's into about 45" by 45" wall hangings that
will fit on the front porch by the mailbox. Yes, the weather will
shorten their lives but at least it will give them a life beyond my
UFO pile and I will enjoy rotating them throughout the year. Next I'll
find a Christmas one to finish by December first.

Susan

Old October 11th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You don't have to make sense (please don't), but you do have to make a
photo!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:36:50 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Oh yes. I put them all together. It looks like I knew what I was doing but
honestly I just went along until I got there. Does that make sense? Do I
have to make sense? Naaaaaah. Polly

.. .

Old October 11th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I like knitting too! Some hand work for dimmer light. Have you been to
the Ravelry website? https://www.ravelry.com/
Roberta in D

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:37:45 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

with Dimensional Curved Patchwork. It goes pretty much like cathedral
windows piecing. The folds are peeled back and stitched so there's a curve
rather than a straight line. The designer is Annette Ornelas, QNM Nov 2002.
That was fun but not enough to make more than 3 blocks of those.
Then I approached Trapunto by Hari Walner. I only did padded hearts
framed by tiny tight stippling. More fun. Did 8 of those.
After that came appliquéd blocks of hearts and stars just because I love
do to them. The quilt underway is a Wounded Warriors one to be sent to the
hospital in Germany. Next I need to get on with Christmas quilting. I
suppose all of you have finished yours. Right? Polly

Christmas quilting? What's that? Nope, I haven't done any of that
yet, and I don't think I'm planning to. Right now I'm waiting for a good
friend of mine to baste a quilt top I made; I hate basting larger
quilts. G Then I'll quilt it. While waiting, I've knitted two
"Flounce" scarves and am starting an alpaca shawl. I hadn't knitted in
several decades, and I'm rediscovering it. Variety is good.

Old October 12th 11, 07:01 AM
munni083 munni083 is offline
Junior Member

i dont think you can. i think you can only become world or wwe champion not a tag team but that would be sweet if you could.

ot - playing with your mind! jennellh Quilting 0 April 4th 08 01:57 PM
I am playing with an idea grammykathy Quilting 0 December 24th 07 10:57 PM
playing catch-up... Jessamy Quilting 2 March 24th 07 10:40 AM
What I've been playing with Jalynne Beads 3 October 30th 04 03:13 AM
Playing around with monofilament ben Knots 0 June 1st 04 12:44 AM