Keepsake quilting

Old October 5th 11, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Default Keepsake quilting

Have just found Keepsake Quilting and they will ship to France. Anyone
have any thoughts of this online shop, good or bad?

Thanks

Janner
France
Old October 5th 11, 10:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I've ordered many things from them over the years, and the orders
always met my expectations and arrived in reasonably good time.
Customs charges are horrendous. So I usually have stuff shipped to my
DD in the US, and she brings it on her next visit. You could really do
with a US quilt buddy who travels to France regularly.
Roberta in D

Old October 5th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I haven't ordered from them in years but back before I became a cheapskate.
Okay. I'm not a cheapskate but I do make a lot of quilts for needy babies
and have to be careful about the budget. Where was I? Oh. Keepsake. Even
when I wasn't quite careful and accidentally ordered fabric that was flannel
and I didn't want flannel, they sweetly refunded or replaced. Keepsake even
has a matching service. If you've just Got to have something that matches,
they'll search the whole store until they find a fabric that will be really
good. Nice folks. Polly

Old October 5th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I have ordered from them and loved every single thing.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 5th 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Probably still cheaper than buying here in France!!!

Prices are so high it is ridiculous. Also, not everything is stocked,
for example, there is one patchwork shop near us and fabrics start from
19euros/metre and it isn't that special, but they don't sell wadding and
they have a limited range of threads and don't even ask about notions.

Have ordered from Hancocks before and wasn't stung too badly by customs.
Might make an order up with DM, not that I need anything really, but
if I can get myself back in to quilting again, it would be nice to
source something new or a bit different.

Janner
France

Old October 5th 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi

I have never ordered from them online, but went for a visit a couple of weeks ago and was in heaven. So much beautiful fabric. My mom and I petted it for an hour and a half and didn't really see everything (we had a party we had to go to, sister's wedding party, couldn't stay longer). If anyone is in the neighborhood I highly recommend it.

Heidi in Massachusetts
Old October 5th 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Polly: say "cheapskate Keepsake cheapskate Keepsake" quickly 10 times.

I once ordered their sample swatch pack, little 1.5" squares. The
following year, when most of that fabric was no longer current, I made
a scrappy mini wedding ring. IMO a good reason never to order another
swatch pack, it's dangerous!
Roberta in D

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:03:57 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I haven't ordered from them in years but back before I became a cheapskate.
Okay. I'm not a cheapskate but I do make a lot of quilts for needy babies
and have to be careful about the budget. Where was I? Oh. Keepsake. Even
when I wasn't quite careful and accidentally ordered fabric that was flannel
and I didn't want flannel, they sweetly refunded or replaced. Keepsake even
has a matching service. If you've just Got to have something that matches,
they'll search the whole store until they find a fabric that will be really
good. Nice folks. Polly

.. .

Old October 5th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Same here, Roberta: I order from them regularly, and am quite satisfied with
the service & quality. I'm hooked on the FQ packets, 100 fq for $100:
first rate fabric. They're also good about communicating shortages (rare)
and any other changes to the order, questions either side has.
Go for it! And please tell us what you get & where you're storing it.
....just curious ... g.

http://www.keepsakequilting.com

Ragmop/Sandy - going to France is possible, and Roberta's just next door...

Old October 6th 11, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

i have ordered from them several times. Always impeccable service.
Shipping was fast, and prices were reasonable (compared to what I pay
here in Spain if I can even find it).

Claudia
Old October 6th 11, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
barnyowl[_2_]

Hi Janner, I have ordered from them twice this year with shipment to
Canada - while more expensive than other online stores - the parcels did
arrive at the door without more extra charges from customs. Check out their
new Bargain Bin stock - I found some great fabric in there which offset the
additional $9 surcharge.
Some other online stores to look at: Fabric Shack are offering half price
shipping to ALL addresses - fantastic fabric selections and pages of sale
items....I've ordered 3 times from them and everything was top quality - my
only niggly bit was that I waited almost a month for the items to arrive ...
Stitch n' Frame do a special Thursday sale every week and also have pages of
other sales to choose from -
Since the Cdn $ has been hovering at par recently, I have also found that
the stores have been reducing the goods value to less than $30 (Customs
alert price usually for adding charges).......
Have you enrolled with Fabshophop - you don't have to play the game to visit
all the shops - check out the shipping page info before browsing - most
stores do ship internationally. If you do have someone in the US who could
act as a mailing buddy - look for a 'free US shipping' store and to save
that amount on your shipping costs to France (is there still an extra
customs fee on gifts?) ..... Enjoy your shopping! barnyowl
"Janner" wrote in message
Have just found Keepsake Quilting and they will ship to France. Anyone
have any thoughts of this online shop, good or bad?

Thanks

Janner
France

Keepsake Quilting Club? SewVeryCreative Quilting 8 November 3rd 07 04:30 AM
Keepsake Quilting fabric grabbags? JetteNette Quilting 6 March 28th 06 11:02 PM
Keepsake Quilting (I think) Carissa Quilting 10 November 21st 05 02:41 PM
Keepsake Quilting teleflora Quilting 2 October 8th 05 03:55 AM
Keepsake Quilting Visit :-) Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 11 January 13th 04 11:21 PM