OT Bye Dad

Old October 3rd 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default OT Bye Dad

6 weeks ago I asked for thoughts/prayers for my dad and all the family
were able to visit him before the end of the summer including one of his
cousins who hadn't seen him for years. On 19th Sept he came home from
hospital and I was working on a coming home quilt for him to use, but
was delayed by needing a new foot control. Unfortunately after a week at
home he had to be readmitted with pneumonia but I was able to drive the
5 hours and spend a few days visiting him. Sadly that was just one
thing too much for him to cope with and he passed away quietly this
morning.

Yesterday I did finish his quilt and, knowing how sick he was, took it
to work today so I could look at it and touch it as it was sewn with my
love for him and I had it with me when my mum & brother phoned with the
inevitable news.

Space Odyssey:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1345412...in/photostream

Lizzy
Old October 3rd 11, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Oh Lizzy, at least you had the quilt to hang on to.
I don't know what to say, take care.

Hugs

Janner
France

Old October 3rd 11, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lizzy. But, quite a few good things
happened along the way towards the end. I hope you continue to find
comfort in as many ways as possible.
..
In message , Lizzy Taylor
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 3rd 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Lizzy Taylor"6 weeks ago I asked for thoughts/prayers for my dad and all
[...]

So sorry for your loss.
Barbara in FL

Old October 3rd 11, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 03/10/2011 21:37, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
[...]

((((((Lizzy)))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 4th 11, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Hold tightly to the promise that you'll see him again; whole and strong and
well. So very sorry. Polly

o.uk...

Old October 4th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

So sorry for your loss Lizzy. Your quilt wll help you keep his memory
alive in you.

Hugs

Claudia
Old October 4th 11, 06:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

It still hugged someone. You. Glad you had it with you this morning.

Hugs from me to you as well.

Steven
Alaska

[...]

OT Bye for a while! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 7 October 8th 05 03:52 AM
AD:..Bye Bye Baby.... E J Ralph Beads 0 January 30th 05 10:31 AM
Bye bye for now Christina Peterson Beads 6 January 21st 05 09:31 PM
BYE BYE Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 4 June 11th 04 06:27 AM
OT - Wish me luck as you wave me bye-bye..... Sharon Harper Quilting 29 April 14th 04 12:07 AM