OT Cat and Mouse

Old October 3rd 11, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Default OT Cat and Mouse

What a brave hunter Jiji is :-). Reno (Black Cat -- RIP) was the
hunter in our family. She would routinely bring "friends" home to play
- LOLOL! She would go catch geckos 3 or 4 times a week and bring them
home -- STILL ALIVE -- through the pet door. The geckos are the ONLY
ones she would eventually kill. Actually, I think they died of fright
because we never, ever say anything even remotely resembling blood or
"innards". Reno would also bring home darling little desert mice,
cactus wrens, swallows (of some sort) and other rodents of unknown
origin or species. She even brought home a HUGE dove that was almost as
big as she was!!!! Except for one of the little birds, poor DH had to
catch the little beasties and release them because we never, ever found
any of them dead -- except for the odd, tailless gecko now and again.
The one bird I had to catch was virtually impossible to get hold of.
What finally happened was that the bird flew into one of the upstairs
bedrooms. I then opened the window and took off the screen and closed
the door. When I went back about 30 minutes later, the bird had flown
away -- thank heavens.
The only other critter that Reno brought home that I had to catch
(sort of) was a wee little bunny that was as cute as could be. I was
laid up with a sprained ankle and using crutches to get around. I was
sitting on the sofa watching the telly late one afternoon when I caught
a bit of movement out of the corner of my right eye. Of course, when I
turned my head to see what was moving, there was nothing there. After
the third time this happened, I made sure that my head was positioned so
all I had to do was to move my eyes. What do I see but this teensy
little bunny creeping out from behind that square ottoman in the corner
of the room!!!!
I knew Reno(Black Cat) had brought another friend home to play and I
also knew I could never catch the cute little thing! I finally waited
until the bunny ran behind the ottoman again then I stuffed pillows and
towels all round the sides and top to keep the bunny trapped until DH
got home. I let DH know he had another Critter Control job awaiting him
when he got home and then proceeded to phone around until I found the
Rabbit Rescue Lady. By the time she phoned me back, we had the bunny
trapped and in one of the cat carriers with a bunch of shredded paper,
some water and a bit of grated carrot. The "Bunny lady" told me to just
release the little guy anywhere in the area where we knew other bunnies
lived because there would be enough food and water available for the
little guy. AAAHHHHHH, it was always an adventure with Reno (Black Cat)
around LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

On 10/2/2011 8:56 PM, NightMist wrote:

Jiji is going to be just unbearable for a couple of weeks now.
He caught himself a mouse.
He has taken it into every room with someone in it dropped it, put a foot
on it, and proclaimed his hunting prowess loudly.
Now he is merely lounging with one foot on the thing and telling us all
about it every time he sees one of us.
I can just imagine what he is saying.
Yes, yes, caught this one in the wilds of Injah yanno.
Full on 12 point mouse, put up a dreadful fight...

It is a sort of weird looking mouse. A rather long legged little beastie
with an extra long furry tail that has a tuft on the end.
Jiji is going to be one cocky cat for some time.

NightMist
why yes I am bored to tears, how could you tell?

Old October 4th 11, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:52:14 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:

They probably aren't going to let you bring your computer into the
operating room. Nurses get so fussy and militant about rules. Please,
NM, designate someone to let us know how you're doing. Not Jiji. Polly

I told DH that he just had to because you would come and git him if he
didn't.

So he has promised to post an update after he has collected himself again
from the waiting and the trip up and back and all.

I do think that those stuck in the waiting room often have the rougher
end of the stick.
I am all Yay! after a few days of discomfort I will be feeling SO much
better. He is fretting madly over all the what ifs.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old October 4th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

NM, if you know a hypnotherapist, see if you can have him or her be
there before you go in to surgery. My sister is trained in that, and
gave me a session while I was in pre-op. I was so relaxed, the nurses
and drs thought I had had "loopy medicine" [or whatever that little
pill is they give you!] And it helped me tremendously with the
recovery immediately after plus the next three days.

Ginger in CA

Old October 5th 11, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I sympathise with your DH, but he should also consider the "what if
you didn't have the surgery".
Roberta in D

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 10:56:44 +0000, NightMist
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:52:14 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:

They probably aren't going to let you bring your computer into the
operating room. Nurses get so fussy and militant about rules. Please,
NM, designate someone to let us know how you're doing. Not Jiji. Polly

I told DH that he just had to because you would come and git him if he
didn't.

So he has promised to post an update after he has collected himself again
from the waiting and the trip up and back and all.

I do think that those stuck in the waiting room often have the rougher
end of the stick.
I am all Yay! after a few days of discomfort I will be feeling SO much
better. He is fretting madly over all the what ifs.

NightMist

Need a Mouse Ear? Polly Esther[_2_] Quilting 10 October 29th 08 08:20 PM
OT Thank you Ms, Anony Mouse Dawn in Alberta Quilting 3 October 6th 06 08:10 AM
OT frozen mouse Christina Peterson Beads 13 September 23rd 05 08:16 PM
A Magic Mouse Christina Peterson Beads 4 June 18th 04 01:45 PM
ISO House Mouse Maribeth Raboin Needlework 3 August 2nd 03 07:37 PM