Thanksgiving Day - Canada (I thought it was the American one) - finished table centre piece

Old August 20th 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

Default Thanksgiving Day - Canada (I thought it was the American one) - finished table centre piece

Hi all,

Some time ago I asked about whether a gift was given at the dinner to the
hostess.
You told me that I didn't need to but I did anyway because they have been
very kind to my youngest daughter who loves their son. My daughter also
told me that I have to make a 'curry' as my contribution. Now I am not a
good cook and have decided to cheat and get my Indian born cousin-in-law to
make one for me.

I decided to make the gift which you can see in the link below.
I hand embroidered the centre, machine sewed it together and hand quilted
it. I know, it should have been all done by hand or machine but it turn out
OK I think.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=S6302634.jpg

The six images are the ones you are looking for.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

Old August 20th 10, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

I don't know about the other 5 Di because I cant see them, but the first one
look very nice.

Dee in Oz

Old August 20th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

Oops, not very good at linking - hope this works.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=S6302633.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=S6302632.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=S6302631.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=S6302630.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=S6302629.jpg

Hope these are seeable (if that is a word).

Old August 20th 10, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

What a lovely little saying you embroidered in the pattern.
They will love to have such a meaningful gift.
..
In message , DiMa
writes
Hi all,

Some time ago I asked about whether a gift was given at the dinner to the
hostess.
You told me that I didn't need to but I did anyway because they have been
very kind to my youngest daughter who loves their son. My daughter also
told me that I have to make a 'curry' as my contribution. Now I am not a
good cook and have decided to cheat and get my Indian born cousin-in-law to
make one for me.

I decided to make the gift which you can see in the link below.
I hand embroidered the centre, machine sewed it together and hand quilted
it. I know, it should have been all done by hand or machine but it turn out
OK I think.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cs/?action=vie
w&current=S6302634.jpg

The six images are the ones you are looking for.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 20th 10, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

How lovely! and there's no reason at all why you can't mix hand and
machine work. I've even mixed hand and machine quilting! You do
whatever needs done.
Roberta in D

Old August 20th 10, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

How charming and delightful. I'm sure yours hosts will be so pleased. The
center piece reminds me of the special box of candy that guests would bring;
Whitman's Sampler, maybe? Lucky you to have an Indian born cousin-in-law.
That's not cheating; that is super brilliant. Atta girl. Polly

"Roberta" How lovely! and there's no reason at all why you can't mix hand

Old August 20th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:17:37 -0500, DiMa wrote
(in article ):

Hi all,

Some time ago I asked about whether a gift was given at the dinner to the
hostess.
You told me that I didn't need to but I did anyway because they have been
very kind to my youngest daughter who loves their son. My daughter also
told me that I have to make a 'curry' as my contribution. Now I am not a
good cook and have decided to cheat and get my Indian born cousin-in-law to
make one for me.

I decided to make the gift which you can see in the link below.
I hand embroidered the centre, machine sewed it together and hand quilted
it. I know, it should have been all done by hand or machine but it turn out
OK I think.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tion=view&curr

ent=S6302634.jpg

The six images are the ones you are looking for.

I can only see one, but it looks very nice!

Maureen

Old August 20th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

those are 'seeable' Di. What a sweet piece.
You are officially invited to my house for Thanksginving
next year. ; )
Taria

Old August 20th 10, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Cute, and fun!
Will last longer than a curry, too.

"should have been all done by..." - who says?
You did just fine. And it's Finished. ;-P

Cheers!

R/Sandy

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...on=view&curren
t=S6302633.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...on=view&curren
t=S6302632.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...on=view&curren
t=S6302631.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...on=view&curren
t=S6302630.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...on=view&curren
t=S6302629.jpg

On 8/20/10 7:04 AM, in article ,
"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote:

[...]

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ction=view&cur
rent=S6302634.jpg

The six images are the ones you are looking for.