OT Polly's Pity Party

Old August 19th 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Default OT Polly's Pity Party

I'll be there, too! I'll bring pumpernickel bread bowl with dill dip.
I had a check up for all my "spots" this spring. only had to had one
removed, it was
benign TG! i'ts a small price to pay to have some small scars when
these things are done. hopefully
Polly, yours will be ok, too.
sending prayers in the meantime.....

amy in CNY (for now!-50 more days!)
Old August 19th 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

May I join the party?
Sorry to read you are in pain Polly, I do hope it settles quickly.

We here in Australia have to be careful now, especially my generation (baby
boomers).
I used to swim a lot and dry off in the sun and fortunately, so far, I do
not have any spots but my eldest daughter takes after her father skinwise
and has a few dark spots that are being monitored but nothing so far, thank
God.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
You are all invited. Dress: very casual. We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what
you're wearing anyway. Today's trip was to the dermatologist. There is a
burned off place (yeah, right ... they call it 'frozen' but that's only
for the moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. I am 'on
fire'. A good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much hears
or cares when I scream.
We once thought that the danger of skin cancer was reserved for the
fair-skinned. Not So. We had a dear young friend who ignored a 'funny'
spot. It killed him Quickly.
So. See your friendly dermatologist if you suspect you should. And
come to my pity party. I am absolutely miserable and Mama always said,
"Misery loves company". Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;
we'll start with freshly baked bread, cheese and both fine wine and whine.
Poor Polly

Old August 19th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

[...]

Pity Party definitely required! Did you need to have any
cut out?
I had one of those weird moles on my back that kept changes
size
and color. It felt like they took at least an inch out!
And while
that's been years ago and the mole was benign and healed
quite well,
that dang ole spot still itches! And it's right in the
middle of my back
so I can't reach it. ARG.

I can't go to the swamp party because of Swamp Ma. My
brother told me
about her years and years ago. So please, no parties in the
Swamp.

Donna
in WA

Old August 19th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default bronnie bd was OT Polly's Pity Party

Happy birthday to Bronnie and mr. Bronnie. Sounds like you are celebrating
just fine.
Taria

Polly,
I'll bring a hot passionfruit souffle! I've just this minute made
three. It is my 58th birthday today and my DH's 57th
(I love a younger man!). You can't have the crispy twice cooked duck
legs though 'cos I've only got two!

Hope your healing happens quickly and I'll catch up with you at the
party later! After our dinner.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old August 19th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

Peaches are in season up here so I'll bring a pie...Although from seeing
all the other great offerings I think you might be pretty full by now!!

Sending thoughts for fast healing,
Allison
Old August 19th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

[...]

I didn't receive the original so I have hijacked a reply to reply to :-)
I'm so sorry that you are hurting, Polly. I hope that you will feel
better soon and I am happy that you are having your health seen to and
not ignoring it like so many do. Good for you!

Rita - off to peruse cookie recipes. Count me in for the party.

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old August 19th 10, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Polly's Party and now maybe a Birthday Party! How nice!
Barbara in SC

Old August 19th 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_4_]

So sorry you are hurting Polly, but glad you took care of those nasty
things, so you won't have to worry about them in the future. My mother, who
just turned 85, was told by her family doctor in May that the spot on her
nose is skin cancer. The doctor said he was sure it is cancer "but you don't
die from skin cancer." Now we all know that is not true, but my mother has
not done anything about it, except to make an appointment with a
dermatologist for sometime in September. I am trying very hard to be patient
about this....
Linda

Old August 19th 10, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We need to sack up your Mother's doctor and send him out into The Swamp to
take a census ( or something). A dear friend of ours had to raise three
sons without their Daddy because skin cancer certainly can kill. Do think
about phoning your Mother's dermatologist and begging them to see her
sooner. They just might. And! it probably wouldn't be the first time
they'd had a referral from a med who wasn't quite bright. Concerned. Polly

Old August 19th 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Happy Birthday, Bronnie! OT Polly's Pity Party

Howdy!

Polly,
I'll bring a hot passionfruit souffle! I've just this minute made
three. It is my 58th birthday today and my DH's 57th
(I love a younger man!). You can't have the crispy twice cooked duck
legs though 'cos I've only got two!

Hope your healing happens quickly and I'll catch up with you at the
party later! After our dinner.

Hugs
Bronnie

Sounds like a great celebration already. Hope you continue to party
for at least a week. Cheers!

R/Sandy - also "robbed the cradle" for this husband g

p.s. Polly, ˇOjala Que Se Mejore Pronto!

On 8/19/10 2:13 AM, in article
, "Bronnie"
wrote:

On 19 Aug, 15:37, "Kate in MI" wrote:
Oh Polly -- I know how tough those treatments are. *My DM has undergone
several -- and she has given me the play-by-play as she recovers from each
one.

I hope you heal quickly! *And I'll be happy to pass the SPF 75!

--
Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves