OT Polly's Pity Party

Old August 19th 10, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default OT Polly's Pity Party

On 19/08/2010 02:29, Polly Esther wrote:
You are all invited. Dress: very casual. We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what
you're wearing anyway. Today's trip was to the dermatologist. There is a
burned off place (yeah, right ... they call it 'frozen' but that's only
for the moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. I am
'on fire'. A good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much
hears or cares when I scream.
We once thought that the danger of skin cancer was reserved for the
fair-skinned. Not So. We had a dear young friend who ignored a 'funny'
spot. It killed him Quickly.
So. See your friendly dermatologist if you suspect you should. And come
to my pity party. I am absolutely miserable and Mama always said,
"Misery loves company". Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;
we'll start with freshly baked bread, cheese and both fine wine and
whine. Poor Polly

((((((((((Gentle Polly Hugs))))))))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 19th 10, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Oh Polly -- I know how tough those treatments are. My DM has undergone
several -- and she has given me the play-by-play as she recovers from each
one.

I hope you heal quickly! And I'll be happy to pass the SPF 75!

--
Kate in MI

Old August 19th 10, 08:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I'm still in my nightie - but with 25 watt bulbs I should be fine!!
I'll come and bring some Thorntons chocolates or Bendincks mints.

So sorry you are hurting; but the good thing is it won't last all that
long - you know from experience that it will be over.

Perhaps a loud piece of Beethoven on your piano would help distract you!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
[...]

Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 19th 10, 08:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

[...]

Polly,
I'll bring a hot passionfruit souffle! I've just this minute made
three. It is my 58th birthday today and my DH's 57th
(I love a younger man!). You can't have the crispy twice cooked duck
legs though 'cos I've only got two!

Hope your healing happens quickly and I'll catch up with you at the
party later! After our dinner.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old August 19th 10, 08:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I'll come, please. As long as I don't have to leave the house.

I'll bring the dips and troughs!

I'm physically healthy, but I wish to all heaven there was a bandaid
to put in my leaden head. I'm still the 1-in-4 and I hate it. I hate
it with a passion.

And if I could pull myself together, at least I'd be useful as a pair
of curtains! :/

But my sympathy for the sorely bits, and a gentle hug for your pain.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old August 19th 10, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Can't say I'm sorry you got the problem areas fixed, but I do
sympathize with the suffering. DH had some questionable spots on the
top of his head a couple of years ago. Not to be neglected! Nothing to
do with skin color!
How about I bring a poppy seed torte with chocolate filling?
Roberta in D

Old August 19th 10, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

It looks as though you have nearly a houseful now, but count me in anyway. I'm making a triple berry crisp for
dinner tonight, and will be happy to bring that to go along with the whine and wine.

I hope your night was comfortable and that you're feeling less misery this morning!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old August 19th 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Poor Polly,

I'm so sorry that you are sore and hurting but very happy that you
went to the doctor to get your 'spots' taken care of before they
turned into something nasty.

Can you put anything on the sore areas? When I was undergoing
radiation treatment, I got a direct order from the doctor to keep the
area covered under a light layer of Aquaphor lotion at all times.

-Irene
Old August 19th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Now that was fun. Quilters do know how to throw a party, don't we? Polly

Old August 19th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

As many of you know, Dec 2008 I had surgery for malignant melanoma on
my arm. The 34 stitch scar is finally fading to a stil-there-but not-
so-in-your-face, I am going to have a tattoo of thread with needle on
one end of scar, and thread with knot on the other end of scar,
done )

In April this year I has squamous cell skin cacer removed from my
forehead. The wonderfully large bandage was quite a sight to behold
for the first 48 hours. It was during the work week. So I dressed it
up with smiley face stickers, which made all the attorneys do a double
take and left them speechless [quite a feat!] Then when it came off
and I had stitches for a week [wanted purple suture material but had
to settle for basic black], I simply told everyone that my brains had
been leaking and they had to sew me back up. That scar is still very
visible.

Ginger in CA
skin cancer moves quick
If you suspect something, get it checked out and insist. That's how
both of these were caught.

On Aug 18, 8:01*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
What a beautiful friend. *How wonderful that she would offer to wear her
Indian Princess wig to make your bandaid so no one would notice. God bless
her and may we all have really good friends like that.
* * Once upon a time I scratched my eye and had to wear dark glasses (mostly
to hide the gooey gummy goo I had to use) until it healed. *My buddies at
work wore dark glasses too. *We were all quite a sight.
* * A reminder to us all to BE *a good friend. *Polly

"Sherry" RSVP would be yes. I'd love to roll around in the muck with you..
I'm a
terrible cook so my offering should be fine whine.
I had a skin cancer spot removed from the bridge of my nose about 20
years
ago, back when I was still a little vain. I was always in a constant
quandary
about whether to let people stare at a bandaid or stare at a scab
until it healed.
My BFF told me she'd wear her Indian Princess wig to work, and that
would create
a diversion, so no one would notice the huge scab on my nose. Now
that's
a friend.
You can't even see the spot now. The dermatologist told me it was
likely
caused from sun damage back when I was a kid!
Thanks for posting this though. Excellent advice not to ignore
anything "funny."

Sherry