Keep talking - what are you reading

Old May 16th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Keep talking - what are you reading

"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 5/14/10 4:11 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford.
Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least
on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

All sound interesting. Hmmmm, I'm trying unsuccessfully to actually read
something - or several somethings.

On the nightstand:
Nature Girl by Carl Hiassen - I like his satirical take on life in South
Florida

Someone at the doctor's office the other day was reading Nature Girl and was
loving it.

My list of to read books is getting really long. Not enough time in the
day.

The Shadow Queen & Tangled Webs by Sharon Bishop - I like these sort of
sexy, eerie fantasy/adventure books. Liked the rest of the series, but
haven't started these.

Saw the new Richard Jury by Martha Grimes " The Black Cat" - resisted
buying it, it's on a long list at the library. We'll see. Similarly,
waiting for the new "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" to be in paperback, as
buy them all.

And, then, I'm actually working my way thru the Lanto Synge History of
Needlework tome.

And a fun little book "Jane Austen in Scarsdale" - pretty light.

Aack. Too little time. Maybe I'll finish something.

Ellice

Old May 16th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/15/10 8:22 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 5/14/10 4:11 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

[...]

*snip*
Must be a Hiassen thing! I bought it to have for my outpatient all day
thing, it's pretty funny. I was definitely chuckling - but IME most of his
books make me giggle. This one has some interesting settings at the
Seminole reservation, etc - and sort of brings back that youthful
familiarity with the old stomping grounds. But, the day involved me not
feeling well enough to actually stay awake and read, and the aftereffects
lasted for a couple of days - so it went into the hold pile.

If you haven't read any of his, it's worth a try. Given the South Florida
thing, and they are fast, funny reads.

Ellice

Old May 16th 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Sat, 15 May 2010 20:02:43 -0400, "Ellice K."
wrote:

Nature Girl by Carl Hiassen - I like his satirical take on life in South
Florida

I adore Carl Hiassen.

I'm currently reading A Dead Hand, by Paul Theroux.

Anyone else read Christopher Moore?

Sara
Old May 16th 10, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Ellice K." wrote in message

On 5/15/10 8:22 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 5/14/10 4:11 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

[...]

I think I read all of them except this new one.

Old May 17th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/16/10 7:48 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Ellice K." wrote in message

On 5/15/10 8:22 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Ellice K." wrote in message

*snip*

[...]

Well, hopefully I'll finish this one soon and let you know - want me to send
it to you for a loaner?

Ellice

Old May 22nd 10, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

lots and lots - I go thru 3 - 4 books a week. The 'meatier' fare,
such as "Silken Threads" by Young Yang Chung, which is a history of
embroidery in Japan, China, Korea and Vietnam, I read more slowly - it
can take months to work my way through it.

Old May 23rd 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

James Patterson has started a new series with a detective named
Michael Bennett.
I just read the first book, 'Run For Your Life'.It was a good
read.....except Michael Bennett
seems to be almost a clone of Alex Cross......their personal lives are
almost identical.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

talking quilts Donna[_4_] Quilting 4 May 24th 09 06:50 PM
Where are you guys talking? lewmew Needlework 33 October 25th 07 03:54 AM
Regarding sergers (since we're talking about them)... Trish Brown Sewing 8 February 20th 05 05:13 AM
Talking ad on Justbeads Kalera Stratton Beads 29 February 23rd 04 11:18 PM
They're talking about us Austin Shackles Quilting 2 July 20th 03 11:44 PM