Keep talking - what are you reading

Old May 14th 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Keep talking - what are you reading

Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

Old May 14th 10, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least
on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

Just started "The Writing on My Forehead" by Nafisa Haji this morning. I'm
on page 70-something, and it's the first book I've read in a long time that
I actually want to know what happens next.

Jinx

Old May 14th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least
on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

Reading something called True Detectives by Kellerman. I'm only on page 76
and this one is a little better then most of his last few books. I started
a Dana Stabenow book the other day in the doctor's office that I schlepped
with me because it was a skinny paperback, and that's a fun read. I can't
for the life of me remember the name of the book and I'm too lazy to get up
and see.

I have the last two Sue Grafton Alphabet series waiting on the shelf and my
friend just read something she loved and said I must read it this week
because she promised to give it to her DIL when she visits next week. That
will make three books I'm reading at the same time. I hope I can keep them
straight at this stage of my life.

Lucille

Old May 15th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 14, 4:11�pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

I have just about 50 pages left of Charles Finch's latest,
"The Fleet Street Murders," set in England in the 1860s.

Next up "Kiss It Good-Bye" from John Moody about Vernon
Law and the 1960 Pirates. After that I'm trying Christopher
Fowler's "Full Dark House," the first in his Peculiar Crimes
Unit series.

Nancy
Old May 15th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Jinx Minx wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least
on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

Just started "The Writing on My Forehead" by Nafisa Haji this morning. I'm
on page 70-something, and it's the first book I've read in a long time that
I actually want to know what happens next.

Jinx

I am very predictable...there are authors I enjoy, and don't have to
think too hard about.

I am finishing Alex Cross's Trial..James Patterson. Actually it is a
novel set back in Teddy Roosevelt's time, with the lynchings and so
forth. As always, his characters are compelling. I read very little
these days, other than when I go to bed. Then next day, I have to
re-read what was going on before I fell asleep

The darned computer takes up way too much time. I get to stitch and read
so little these days.

On the flip side. when some of us were young we used to have penpals
in other countries.. well, we have them here, but we all are cyberfriends.

Lucille and I are having some time together next week. It will be so
nice to meet in person...even if I can't bring Puff treats (LOL). Maybe
we can get a picture of both of us at some point

All is arranged... DH wants me to bring the laptop...but I really don't
know if it is worth it for a couple of days.

It sounds silly...but I am so excited!!
Gill
Old May 15th 10, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Lucille wrote:

[...]

Lucille...damn it.. I love Stabenows books, and took back some of her
earlier ones to the Book BaZAar here. Kate is character I enjoy following.

Willtalk about this next week....if we have time with eberything else. LOL
Old May 15th 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

I recently mentioned a new-to-me mystery author, Jo Nesbo, that I really
enjoyed. Well, I got the next book in his series, "The Redeemer," and it
was wonderful. I was making excuses not to do other things (including
stitching) in order to get my next reading fix. Wow!

I've just started "So Much for That," a dark comedy about the medical
system (and indictment of health insurance companies)by Lionel Shriver.
I like the author's very sharp, somewhat bitter humor...but wonder if
I'm setting myself up, because we've recently been through the wringer
with medical insurance and still very tender! It'll either heal me or
kill me!

Has anyone read "The Fogotten Garden" by Kate Morton? That was a good
romance-style read.

for my stitching/walking reads (audiobooks), I just listened to my first
Debbie Macomber and enjoyed it. Now I have Karen Cushman's YA novel,
"Alchemy and Meggie Swan," and am loving it. I like the strong young
woman character (not unlike her previous books), and the reader has a
terrific accent and is a good storyteller.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old May 15th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

I can't wait to get The Forgotten Garden. I looked at it on Amazon and I
know I will love it. Burnett's The Secret Garden was among my top five
favorite books when I was a kid so any author who loved it enough to mention
it has to be great. I even reread it a few years ago and happily it held
up.

Lucille

Old May 15th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 15, 10:38�am, Susan Hartman wrote:

Has anyone read "The Fogotten Garden" by Kate Morton? That was a good
romance-style read.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Her earlier book didn't appeal
to me and I think she's got a new one coming out
in the fall.

Today I picked up "Major Pettigrews Last Stand"
and "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie."
Now just to find time to read them and get some
stitching done and get the yardwork done. The
lists keep getting longer.

Nancy
Old May 16th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/14/10 4:11 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Just finished "Deep Shadow" from Randy Wayne White - latest Doc Ford. Most
of the story takes place in a 24 hour period. Real page turner

Just started "False Mermaid" from Erin Hart. Realized I had read at least on
of her books before and did like it.

Next - a birthday present "Trowel and Error" from Alan Titchmarsh. I love
that man.

All sound interesting. Hmmmm, I'm trying unsuccessfully to actually read
something - or several somethings.

On the nightstand:
Nature Girl by Carl Hiassen - I like his satirical take on life in South
Florida

The Shadow Queen & Tangled Webs by Sharon Bishop - I like these sort of
sexy, eerie fantasy/adventure books. Liked the rest of the series, but
haven't started these.

Saw the new Richard Jury by Martha Grimes " The Black Cat" - resisted
buying it, it's on a long list at the library. We'll see. Similarly,
waiting for the new "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" to be in paperback, as I
buy them all.

And, then, I'm actually working my way thru the Lanto Synge History of
Needlework tome.

And a fun little book "Jane Austen in Scarsdale" - pretty light.

Aack. Too little time. Maybe I'll finish something.

Ellice

talking quilts Donna[_4_] Quilting 4 May 24th 09 06:50 PM
Where are you guys talking? lewmew Needlework 33 October 25th 07 03:54 AM
Regarding sergers (since we're talking about them)... Trish Brown Sewing 8 February 20th 05 05:13 AM
Talking ad on Justbeads Kalera Stratton Beads 29 February 23rd 04 11:18 PM
They're talking about us Austin Shackles Quilting 2 July 20th 03 11:44 PM