Happy Turkey Day!

Old November 27th 14, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Default Happy Turkey Day!

Been quite some time since I've been able to 'be here' but I've a turn
for the better health-wise, but no promises as to how often I'll be
back. It's been a very difficult summer with surgery a coupla weeks ago.
now it'll be a 2/3 month recovery time. Mainly been reading and after 8
years have finally finished a Granny Square crocheted afghan,
my next goal is a Knitted Ripple Afghan in shades of purple for MOI!
Yuppers!! for moi. May be a long time doing it as I can't knit very long
periods anymore.but I WILL get it done.
No sewing at all this year and I have 2 rows left on an I SPY...baby
celebrated his 2nd HB on Mr Joe's HB......oh well, it may end up being a
Superman Cape

Gotta get my feetz back up so you all take care and have a superb Turkey
Day. (Kidlets are doing the dinner)

Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses
Butterfly
Old November 28th 14, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Butterfly-Wings" wrote in message ...

So good to hear from you~!!!!!!! I haven't been quilting, except for lap
quilts. There is always a lot of mending to do around here! Hope you
continue to feel better as you improve.
Thanks for remembering us! Good luck with your knitting and hand sewing.
Barbara, was in SC, but now in Central FL for the Winter

Old November 29th 14, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Thanks. I haven't been able to 'hand sew' in years...very hard to hold a
small needle. I'm just happy to be able to hold a larger crochet hook
and now will try knitting needles. Knitting needles may be a challenge
for the R hand as I don't have that much dexterity in it---I'll try both
American and Continental style to see which I can do easier. It's so
nice being able to do a lil creative work.
Kidlets did well with the Turkey dinner----------only help I needed to
give was with the carving....next yr I should be able to 'just visit'
Butterfly

Old November 30th 14, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Have you considered getting someone to wrap masking tape around the part of
the knitting needles and the crochet hook that you hold?
Maybe a lot of layers of tape would make it easier for the fingers! Hope
this helps!
Barbara

Bobbie Sews More wrote:

"Butterfly-Wings" wrote in message ...

So good to hear from you~!!!!!!! I haven't been quilting, except for
lap quilts. There is always a lot of mending to do around here! Hope
you continue to feel better as you improve.
Thanks for remembering us! Good luck with your knitting and hand sewing.
Barbara, was in SC, but now in Central FL for the Winter

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old December 1st 14, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

They make sleeves for crochet hooks to make them easier to hold.
Such things do not work so well for knitting needles as you have to hold
the work on the needles.
However you can get either in wood, which IMHO is a lot easier to hang on
to and work with, especially for knitting.

Now I am cripplingly right handed. To the point where I cannot crochet
the double ended tunisian stitch, nor knit continental style. So I
should imagine that if you are better with your left hand than your
right, those would be the way to go!

NightMist

Bobbie Sews More wrote:

"Butterfly-Wings" wrote in message

So good to hear from you~!!!!!!! I haven't been quilting, except for
lap quilts. There is always a lot of mending to do around here!
Hope you continue to feel better as you improve.
Thanks for remembering us! Good luck with your knitting and hand
sewing. Barbara, was in SC, but now in Central FL for the Winter

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Happy Turkey Day Nancy Spera Needlework 1 November 25th 11 12:46 PM
Happy Turkey Day Butterflywings Quilting 2 November 24th 10 07:36 PM
Happy Turkey day Ruby Quilting 6 November 28th 09 02:24 AM
Happy TURKEY day! Kellie J. Berger Quilting 7 November 29th 03 10:31 AM
Happy Turkey Day (early) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 November 26th 03 09:16 PM