OT Polly's Pity Party

Old August 19th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default OT Polly's Pity Party

As they say-"this too shall end" Let's hope it's quickly. Meantime, I'll
bring lots of fresh tomatoes.
Gen

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 20:29:07 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

You are all invited. Dress: very casual. We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what
you're
wearing anyway. Today's trip was to the dermatologist. There is a burned
off place (yeah, right ... they call it 'frozen' but that's only for the
moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. I am 'on fire'.
good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much hears or cares
when
I scream.
We once thought that the danger of skin cancer was reserved for the
fair-skinned. Not So. We had a dear young friend who ignored a 'funny'
spot. It killed him Quickly.
So. See your friendly dermatologist if you suspect you should. And
come to my pity party. I am absolutely miserable and Mama always said,
"Misery loves company". Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;
we'll start with freshly baked bread, cheese and both fine wine and whine.
Poor Polly

Old August 19th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

On Aug 18, 6:29*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
You are all invited. *Dress: *very casual. *We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what you're
wearing anyway. *Today's trip was to the dermatologist. *There is a burned
off place (yeah, right ... *they call it 'frozen' but that's only for the
moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. *I am 'on fire'. *A
good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much hears or cares when
I scream.
* * We once thought that the danger of skin cancer was reserved for the
fair-skinned. *Not So. *We had a dear young friend who ignored a 'funny'
spot. *It killed him Quickly.
* * So. *See your friendly dermatologist if you suspect you should. *And
come to my pity party. *I am absolutely miserable and Mama always said,
"Misery loves company". *Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;
we'll start with freshly baked bread, cheese and both fine wine and whine..
Poor Polly

Polly,
Dang! I must have missed the party, but hope it went swell. It
sounds like there was lots of yummy things to eat and drink.
Hope you are feeling better.
Launie, in Oregon....ten months it'll be Maine
Old August 20th 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Hope you are feeling better by now Polly.
I had a couple of small spots removed a couple of years ago and found the
worst part for me was the scabby stage.

Dee in Oz

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
You are all invited. Dress: very casual. We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what
you're wearing anyway. Today's trip was to the dermatologist. There is a
burned off place (yeah, right ... they call it 'frozen' but that's only
for the moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. I am 'on
fire'. A good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much hears

Old August 20th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Happy Birthday for yesterday Bronnie.
An old primary school friend also celebrated her birthday yesterday, which
means mine is in a months time. Mine will have a '0' one the end this year
but I think I will just turn 21 again.

Dee in Oz
.....another cradle snatcher

Polly,
I'll bring a hot passionfruit souffle! I've just this minute made
three. It is my 58th birthday today and my DH's 57th
(I love a younger man!). You can't have the crispy twice cooked duck
legs though 'cos I've only got two!

Hope your healing happens quickly and I'll catch up with you at the
party later! After our dinner.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old August 22nd 10, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I seem to have a crater about the size of a 2 carat diamond at the base of
my thumb. Does anybody know where belly dancers shop for their bellybutton
jewels? I think I have a good place for one. Polly

"Dee in Oz" Hope you are feeling better by now Polly.

Old August 22nd 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

OOh, flashy! Get a manicure to match!
Roberta in D, hoping you can still sew

Old August 22nd 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Poifect spot to stash an M&M : )

Butterfly (going for MORE surgery on the left Big Toe this Wed)

Old August 22nd 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Good luck with it, Butterfly. Hope his stitching is neat - big toes
show in sandals!
..
In message , Butterflywings
writes