Nominations: the Best LQS

Old August 5th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Nominations: the Best LQS

friend of mine was in our LQS ... well, not all that local - about 50 miles
from here.
A precious young lady came in with a panic. "Help me", she wailed, "I
have a job interview in 30 minutes".
Her dress had just split wide open from underarm seam to the center of
her rather ample bosom.
Without hesitation, the LQS staff cut some flowers from a print,
hot-glued the flowers over the split and sent her on her way. The garment
was rescued (as was the young lady) ... in fact, she said the dress was much
prettier.
Later, we must note, she got the job. The LQS staff ? unflapped. "We
never know what might come in the door and we love it" they say.
The last time I was in that wonderful shop, I had to wait about 10
minutes for my choices to be cut because the cutting table was loaded with
po'boy sandwiches and sweet iced tea. They do have their priorities.
Only special people should own a quilt shop. It's a Higher calling.
Polly

Old August 5th 10, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

They definitely deserve the nomination.

Donna in Idaho

signature database 5341 (20100804) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5341 (20100804) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old August 5th 10, 07:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Sounds like some super nice ladies! I'd vote for them!
Barbara in SC

Old August 5th 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What a great story! Great fix too. Everybody needs a glue gun.
Roberta in D

Old August 5th 10, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I love that story! They definitely get my vote.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old August 19th 10, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Aug 4, 10:53*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

That's an awesome story. It reinforces the simple truth that Quilters
Are
Nice People. They really are. I have the choice of 2 wonderfully-
stocked
LQS's. One is 20 miles south. One is 20 miles north. In one of them I
feel like a tresspasser. In the other I just want to hang around in
there
all day because they're all so friendly and nice and helpful.
An extra ten minutes waiting on them to finish lunch is like a bonus.
That's
ten more minutes to suck in the inspiration and feel up bolts of
fabric.

Sherry

Sherry

Canvas Work Stitch along - nominations please Cheryl Isaak Needlework 11 March 16th 09 02:57 AM
another lqs goes maryd[_3_] Quilting 1 August 7th 08 03:50 PM
Call for nominations and donations WJ Seidl Pottery 0 December 7th 06 10:19 PM
Knitter of the year nominations at LionBrand Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 August 13th 05 06:00 AM
non LQS The Laws Quilting 5 April 1st 04 08:13 PM