my notes have disappeared ?????????

Old November 24th 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default my notes have disappeared ?????????

last year i staerted a vest , made up some pattern and this was my
carry around project , put it aside during the summer , finished the
half bodice of back 2 1/2 frons ,,,, and my calculations are`n t to be
found ,,, Weird i usually write it all in a copybook , but somehow not
this pattern,,, it was `born`, while riding the train , thus had it on
loose pages ,,,,, and now ????? nada ,,,,
thus i ended up yesterday counting stitiches and rows and measuring
and calculating it all anew ,,,,, brrrrr
mirjam
Old November 24th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

What a shame! I once lost a pattern and notes I had made and had to
"reverse engineer" as you are doing -- not fun! Nowdays I make sure I
put the papers into the bag/basket/whatever WITH THE YARN.
Old November 24th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

I have done the same thing more than once. The last time was the red
and black sweater for my sister I told you about a few weeks ago. It
was my own patter after measuring. I was not careful and lost the
notebook with my data.

I still do not keep a good journal. But, I still preach to all the new
knitters and crocheters how important it is and I do not listen to what
I preach? Oh well

Dennis

Old November 24th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

Well let me tell you the dumb thing I do...I always have more than one
project going at once and I have to have a pattern in front of me.
I just number the rows on a piece of paper and check each row off as I
finish it. If I have to put it down or away for awhile I haven't a clue
which paper goes with what at times and could just kick myself in the
pants. But I'm learning to put the pattern's name at the top after
wasting a lot of time trying to figure my mess out.

Old November 25th 09, 06:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Linda
When i weave i have a paper onthe loom and i just moove a pin from row
to row, to know which row is to be woven next. With knitting , as i
wrote i have copybooks , I calculated all in the train started
knitting and the papers stayed in the bag ,,,,,,,,, brrr , thus
possibly fel out somewhere ???? I don`t mind the recalculating , i
do mind the lost time...In knitting i am less bound to see my written
calculations, somehow after `repeating the pattern` , 2-3 times i get
into the Rhitmus of the pattern , i know how the `repeat pattern` must
`develop`. thus i don`t need my papers so much , But in `complicated
patterns` i do use a row counter which hangs on my needles. And
usualy in my copybook [unlike this time brrr] i write down every
detail of info about the work , even if i liked it !!!! or had
problems with the threads ...
mirjam