anyone still use their vcr?

Old October 15th 05, 05:41 PM
DrQuilter

Default anyone still use their vcr?

ok, you might be able to help - how do you record a program from digital
tv? we thought we were recording west wing (oh, why did they change it
to Sunday?) but we got an hour of snow instead.. maybe things are hooked
wrong?

Sally Swindells wrote:

We have a dedicated channel number on ours for satellite - doesn't
matter what satellite programme, same number. Unfortunately DS is
inclined to change it if he's here for some reason. Its either A1 or
A2 at the moment, so I have the present setting marked on the recorder
(and I usually do a test run to make sure I've really remembered which
it is!). Our TV is digital and the recorder isn't so the picture
quality is a bit iffy. With all the new advances and changes coming
(one big electrical store has already stopped selling Video recorders)
we will save our pennies for a DVD (or whatever has superceded
them!).--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:08:10 GMT, "Butterfly"
wrote:

Still use mine to tape Simply Quilts at eeek o'clock. Even got a new one
this year....have had quite a time getting it to 'record' from Dish
Satellite. So far it has only recorded ONE show : ( And it says EASY set-up!
Yeah, right : )

Butterfly

"Bobbie Sews Moore" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I still use the VCR to watch information type tapes---Sewing with Nancy,
and DH looks at wood work tapes that he sometimes gets. Got any of those
types you want to get rid of?
Barbara in SC
"quilter" wrote in message
egroups.com...

I'm cleaning today - well, not really, but wandering aimlessly from
room to room thinking about cleaning...I just had a thought: anyone
want to trade VCR tapes for fat quarters or scraps? I have donated a
lot of videos over the past few years, but still have quite a few left
that I'd like to part with. Email me if you'd like a list.
(In case this seems too off-topic, one is "how to make an american
quilt").

Lynn

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old October 15th 05, 06:26 PM
Taria

Unless you have machine that gets digital your analog won't get it.
I think you need a different (more expensive) machine.
Taria

Old October 16th 05, 09:58 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

I sold all my VHS tapes on ebay and bought DVDs. I don't even own a player
any more.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 16th 05, 10:01 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Just watched the DVD "The Interpreter" with Sean Penn and Nichole Kidman.
Fabulous movie.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Our VCR has been banished to the playroom where the kids use it to watch
their videos. DH promised to transfer all my videos (Titanic, Lord of the
Dance, etc) to DVD but hasn't as yet, so I too am banished to the playroom
when I wish to be a "chick". We have a DVD recorder/player with hard
drive
in the lounge which tapes all those shows we like but can't possibly keep
up
with, for us, and then we watch them minus the ads (Gosh bless Fast
Forward)
when we get the time.

quicker)

Old October 16th 05, 02:32 PM
DrQuilter

oh really we cant record with the vcr anymore you think
it is fairly new, DVDVCR combo... Ill forward your reply to DH...

Old October 16th 05, 04:26 PM
Ellison

Default O.T. anyone still use their vcr?

Howdy!
Daily.

VCR?== I still have a Beta machine that works,
w/ a bunch of quilting programs on Beta tapes. g

Ragmop/Sandy
"frood" wrote in message
om...
Pretty much the only tapes we watch are kid videos, since the kids have a
tv/vcr combo in one of their bedrooms. If you've got any young kid-type
videos, I'd be interested in a trade!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old October 16th 05, 04:37 PM
Bobbie Sews Moore

I, too, use my Beta machine to watch my sewing & quilting tapes!!! Good to
see I am not the only one. Also have sewing tapes on the Sony VCR.
Barbara in SC
. com...

Old October 18th 05, 03:55 PM
Susan Torrens

My DH just got rid of our Beta recorder. I liked it much better than any
VHS I've had. Too bad it lost the VCR wars!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
quilting - what else?
ink.net...