OT singing in church

Old October 17th 05, 01:34 AM
Don/Gen

Default OT singing in church

I just received this-
Gen

SINGING IN CHURCH

A minister decided to do something a little different one Sunday morning. He
said "Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to
help me preach. Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever hymn
that comes to your mind.

The pastor shouted out "CROSS."

Immediately the congregation started singing in unison, "THE OLD RUGGED
CROSS."

The pastor hollered out "GRACE" The congregation began to sing "AMAZING
GRACE, how sweet the sound."

The pastor said "POWER" The congregation sang "THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD."

The Pastor said "SEX" The congregation fell into total silence.

Everyone was in shock. They all nervously began to look around at each other
afraid to say anything.

Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church, a little old 87
year old grandmother stood up and began to sing "PRECIOUS MEMORIES."

Pass this along and make someone smile today (I just did).

GOTTA LOVE LITTLE OLD LADIES

Old October 17th 05, 01:56 AM
Tina

Too funny! This should have come with a warning!

Thanks Gen, I needed a good belly laugh today

Hugs,
Tina

Old October 18th 05, 06:00 AM
Tricia

LOL! Great one Gen! I'll have to pass this one on to my mom!

Tricia