OT good thoughts please

Old October 14th 05, 03:29 PM
KJ

Default OT good thoughts please

DD leaves for her student teaching stint in Scotland today. This group is
such a postive force, that I'm asking you all to keep good thoughts for her
travel today. Even though I know she's all grown up, I'm still nagging her
about not leaving her stuff unattended for even a second, etc, etc, etc,.
She's such a trusting soul. And I wouldn't be much help if I got a frantic
phone call from her Amsterdam connection. The next 48 hours are certainly
going to be interesting!!!!!

Kathyl sorry, I think I've been one of the ones not signing
my posts....this mail program doesn't
automatically insert it like my other one does and I got lazy..I'll try to
be better
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old October 14th 05, 03:38 PM
nana2b

Hi Kathy, Even though they grow up, they are always our children. My
parents still feel that way about me and I am 52! I constantly have to tell
them, "Yes I know this or that". You never stop caring, worring or loving
your kids.

Linda

Old October 14th 05, 05:17 PM
Kate Dicey

KJ wrote:

DD leaves for her student teaching stint in Scotland today. This group is
such a postive force, that I'm asking you all to keep good thoughts for her
travel today. Even though I know she's all grown up, I'm still nagging her
about not leaving her stuff unattended for even a second, etc, etc, etc,.
She's such a trusting soul. And I wouldn't be much help if I got a frantic
phone call from her Amsterdam connection. The next 48 hours are certainly
going to be interesting!!!!!

Fingers are crossed! Did she enjoy Scotland?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 14th 05, 06:04 PM
Patti

Hope all goes really well for her, Kathyl.
She will get an awful lot out of it; and be able to dine off the
experiences for years!
I met some fascinating people on my travels, on my own. Going from New
York to Toronto, on the Greyhound bus, I met a Russian princess! (Well -
she said she was, and she certainly looked like it g).
The time will pass quickly and she'll be home again, buzzing with
excitement at all she's achieved.
..
In message hhP3f.485728$xm3.179437@attbi_s21, KJ
writes
DD leaves for her student teaching stint in Scotland today. This group is
such a postive force, that I'm asking you all to keep good thoughts for her
travel today. Even though I know she's all grown up, I'm still nagging her
about not leaving her stuff unattended for even a second, etc, etc, etc,.
She's such a trusting soul. And I wouldn't be much help if I got a frantic
phone call from her Amsterdam connection. The next 48 hours are certainly
going to be interesting!!!!!

Kathyl sorry, I think I've been one of the ones not signing
my posts....this mail program doesn't
automatically insert it like my other one does and I got lazy..I'll try to
be better
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 15th 05, 03:39 PM
KJ

I just got a call from her that she's all settled in her living
accomodations and has already had a small "walkabout" town. She found a
place to buy an international calling card so she could call home.
Yea! Her flights were just perfect....another tribute to the postive vibes
this group sends out!!! :-) She needs a loooong nap and is excited to be
there and get started.

She will start her student teaching in Falkirk on Monday, Kate. Her flight
from Chicago, connected to Edinburgh thought Amsterdam. Maybe that's where
I crossed you up.
Thanks for the good thoughts!

Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old October 15th 05, 03:42 PM
KJ

Yep, two months will fly by. Especially since DH and I will get to visit
her in November. She's even excited about us coming so she can play tour
guide by then. I know that week is going to be a fast one!

Hummm, a Russian princess on a Greyhound bus, huh??? Did she try to sell
you the Brooklyn Bridge too? :-) g

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

.

Old October 16th 05, 01:07 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I like it when it's reversed. Yesterday my DS and his girl friend went out
for the day and evening and he didn't plan to be home until late (6 year
dating anniversary). He was giving me this speech about how he wouldn't be
back till late and I should do this and that if I needed anything. So I
gave him my most serious face and told him that I wouldn't "play with
matches, answer the door if it was a stranger, and would call 911 if I had
an emergency" - while he was giving me the famous "go-to-hell ... I'm being
serious here" look - I added that if I had my "wild friends over for a party
I would keep the noise down so the neighbors wouldn't call the cops". He
practically fell in the floor he laughed so hard. So I says "what - you
think I've forgot how to have wild parties?" He left shaking his head and
still snorfling. I think he thinks I'm an old fuddy duddy. I don't know if
I'm flattered or insulted.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 16th 05, 09:27 PM
Carey N.

Hope you left a few empty bottles and snack bags lying around for him to
find when he got home, just to really make him wonder! ;-))
--
Carey in MA

Old October 17th 05, 05:34 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Nope - I was in bed with the 4 legged children when he got home. Aggravates
me that he knows me so well.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"