Colour Sets posted - which one do you like?

Old January 14th 04, 01:12 AM
Ann

Default Colour Sets posted - which one do you like?

I just received my fabrics that I ordered and they are gorgeous. However,
I'm not sure which colour set of the greens I should use. DH is no help and
is sitting on the fence on this one.

This is the quilt I'm makeing
http://www.zippydesigns.com/TFP/TFPP...s/TFPPRGD.html
with the blues being the major colour

In my posted colour sets, the blues in the centre and the browns on the
right are for-sures. It's the greens on the left I can't decide upon.
Colour Set 1, the greeny browns may be too close for my choosen browns.

What do you all think? Which one? Your opinonis are appreciated

Ann
Colour sets are the last 2 at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old January 14th 04, 01:19 AM
Sharon Harper

Oooh I like it!! Colour set 1 will give a more "tame" effect whereas I
prefer set 2 which really brings out all the colours. Go 2 Go 2!!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old January 14th 04, 01:21 AM
frood

IMNHO, I think the set 1 greens are better for that pattern. Yes, they are
brown-y, but they harmonize nicely. In set 2, the greens and blues are so
close in value, and both are strong colors, so they fight. While having 2
bold colors together is not a bad thing (I do it all the time), the design
you have chosen calls for more harmonizing colors. The muddy greens and
browns allow the blues to shine.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old January 14th 04, 01:25 AM
dogmom

For what it's worth, I prefer Set #2, but I think it's because I just like
those shades of green better--I find them prettier. And I agree with you
about #1 being perhaps "too close". Have fun!

Dogmom

Old January 14th 04, 01:31 AM
Becky

Definitely #2. You are right, the greens in set 1 are too close to the
browns. The greens in set 2 really make the whole group sing.

Becky

Old January 14th 04, 02:01 AM
Julia Altshuler

Set number 2 for exactly the reason you described!

--Lia

Old January 14th 04, 02:05 AM
AliceW

I like #2 - those colors glow!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old January 14th 04, 02:09 AM

It depends on what you want the quilt to do.
Set #1 seems like it would make a more blended, muted, gradual quilt.
Set #2 would let the blues pop more.

Me, I like pop. So I vote for #2.
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Ann wrote:

I just received my fabrics that I ordered and they are gorgeous. However,
I'm not sure which colour set of the greens I should use. DH is no help and
is sitting on the fence on this one.

This is the quilt I'm makeing
http://www.zippydesigns.com/TFP/TFPP...s/TFPPRGD.html
with the blues being the major colour

In my posted colour sets, the blues in the centre and the browns on the
right are for-sures. It's the greens on the left I can't decide upon.
Colour Set 1, the greeny browns may be too close for my choosen browns.

What do you all think? Which one? Your opinonis are appreciated

Ann
Colour sets are the last 2 at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old January 14th 04, 02:42 AM
Pati Cook

Not sure about this one. My first reaction is to go with set 2. But set one
would be much more subtle and let the blues really stand out. Set 2 would be
livelier and brighter.
Have fun. Perhaps you need to make up several blocks of the blues and browns
and one of each green and set them out on a design wall to see what really
happens with them made up.

Pati, in Phx

Old January 14th 04, 02:54 AM
The Brown Family