ANYONE can enter Mich. Fair

Old May 16th 04, 12:31 PM
Joy Hardie

Default ANYONE can enter Mich. Fair

I guess some other State Fairs are run differently, but here in
Michigan you don't need to win at a local or county level to earn your
way to the State Fair.....you just enter the State Fair. And, if you
don't live near the Detroit area......you simply box and mail your
entry in!
It really is that simple. And there are so many categories that there
is something for everyones interest and lot's of opportunity to not
only show off your talents but possibly win ribbons and money!

Now you all know I only speak from experience and I know I sound like
I am on a soapbox......but even when I don't win.....the fair is just
plain good old fashioned fun!

Now, if you DO happen to win a "Best of Show" ribbon at the County
level then you CAN enter that item at the Michigan State Fair for FREE
under the "Gold Ribbon Program". I just wanted to clarify that the
"average" entry does NOT come to the fair under this way,

It might be nice if some people from some other states post
information about their fairs....ie. entry deadlines and how to get
the premium books etc. Before 4 years ago I never even knew that a
sewing competition at the fair existed much less any of the other
community arts. I guess I thought it was all canned goods and
animals.
Joy
Old May 18th 04, 01:23 AM
GSHEPDOG

Hi:

I read the instructions from the first post on the Michigan Fair and thought it
said that only residents of Michigan are eligible. Am I reading this
correctly?

Lee
Old May 19th 04, 01:29 PM
Joy Hardie

(Coggie) wrote:
I am in Michigan , but I am not going to enter this year.

But why? Any particular reason? If you have any constructive
feedback from past experiences I am sure the fair would like to know
so they can improve the competition for you and others in the future.
Joy

Old May 20th 04, 02:56 AM
Coggie

no , no past bad things with the fair or anything along that line . I
have had alot of physical problems this last year and prefer to knit
and crochet for my own pleasure at this time.
I have a couple of sweaters going a few I am designing as I go and two
I am working off patterns. I also have some freeform crochet going ,
but because of my prior mentioned health problems , I do not want to
have a deadline for anything.
Maybe next year I will enter the Allegen County fair here and go on
from there.
Thank you for the concern about past possible problems though.
Coggie in MI
Old May 20th 04, 07:27 PM
Joy Hardie

Hi Coggie,
Whew! Glad to hear no bad news. Hope you get to feeling better
and back to normal too. If you do happen to get those great sounding
knittings and freeform crochet done.....you have till the 11th of July
to enter and till later for the drop-off. The State Fair will always
welcome you when you are up to it!
Best wishes.
Joy