?? for Crazy Quilters Ribbon embroidery

Old November 4th 03, 03:02 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default ?? for Crazy Quilters Ribbon embroidery

Hi Guys,
I have gotten my niece hooked on silk ribbon embroidery and she has finished
all of the stuff I sent her (she's in TX and I am in GA). anyway, she e-mailed
me and asked me if I knew of any sites online that have free ribbon embroidery
designs she can copy. I don't have a clue and thought some of you crazy
quilters might know of some stuff online. Any and all info will be greatly
appreciated.
This young woman has been quite ill and in and out of hospital for a long
time. I won a bunch of embroidery stuff on eBay and had it sent to her in the
hopes that the learning a new creative hobby would be helpful. She LOVES silk
ribbon embroidery and has finished all of the things I had sent to her :-).
She e-mailed me and specifically asked for any designs that might be available
online. I have asked over at RCTn but thought the crazy quilters might also
have some sites they could recommend. Thanks & CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old November 4th 03, 03:08 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I don't use patterns. I just start embroidering and stop when it looks done.
She could go to the library and get a book or two.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
[...]

:-).
She e-mailed me and specifically asked for any designs that might be

available
online. I have asked over at RCTn but thought the crazy quilters might

also
have some sites they could recommend. Thanks & CiaoMeow ^;;^
.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

Old November 4th 03, 03:21 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

I don't use patterns. I just start embroidering and stop when it looks done.
She could go to the library and get a book or two.

I'm the same and if I was there instead of here, I would help her learn how
:-). She has no way to get to the library unless my DSis takes her and that's
hard to do with the hours DSis works and the hours the niece is awake -- she's
a night owl. I will e-mail her and tell her to check out the library -- there
might be one neaby but I'm not sure. I never think of the library -- bad me!!!
thanks for reminding me :-)). ciaoMeow ^;;^
..

Old November 4th 03, 04:06 AM
Butterfly

Go to Goggle and type in Silk Ribbon Embroidery--you get a few choices:

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00017.asp
http://www.chatelaine.net/pages/eseide01.htm

HTH
Butterfly

Old November 4th 03, 04:13 AM
Kellie J. Berger

http://www.silk-ribbon-embroidery.com/freebies.htm

the only one i could find tonight

Kellie (the frazzled one)

Old November 4th 03, 05:54 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Tia Mary-

I have several books on silk ribbon embroidery and I can spare one of
them.... if you will email me the address I can send it to you or
directly to her.

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old November 4th 03, 02:35 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I got most of my SRE books from www.hamiltonbook.com. They were only about
$3 a piece, so I felt I couldn't go wrong.

If she prints out her order form and mails a check, it is only $3 for
shipping no matter how many books you order.

Old November 4th 03, 04:23 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)"

I got most of my SRE books from
www.hamiltonbook.com. They were only about
$3 a piece, so I felt I couldn't go wrong.

If she prints out her order form and mails a check, it is only $3 for
shipping no matter how many books you order.

THANKS for this info :-))). My niece is still in high school, still quite ill
and doesn't work so I will be the one doing the ordering. I shall go take a
look at what they have to offer. Thanks again & CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

Old November 4th 03, 05:58 PM
Lisa Caryl

You may find something he http://www.cqmag.com/ This is a free online
magazine that has various projects related to crazy quilting and SRE. A new
issue comes out every month, and you can check the archives for previous
issues.

The woman that started this site also hand dyes ribbon, silk floss, and
various types of silk threads. I love the silk perle, it's really soft and
easy to work with. Anyhoo, she sells at wholesale prices to the public. 4mm
ribbon is only 25 cents a yard!!! Her site is
http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/ Vikkie also has a Silk Ribbon Tutorial link
on her home page. It's very good and worth checking out.

NAYY, but I do order from her quite a bit. Postage has never been more than
$1.00 and her service is fast. Also, keep in mind that silk doesn't always
scan well. Verdigris, a beautiful green color, looks brown on my monitor.
The colors will be much nicer in person.
--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl