To introduce myself

Old July 14th 03, 10:58 AM
Dumpling

HI

Welcome from New South Wales, Australia!

....Fran...

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:48:09 GMT, "Megan Vest"
wrote:

My name is Megan Vest. I joined this newsgroup around the 4th and wanted to
take a moment to introduce myself.
I do alot of different kinds of quilts. I do baby quilts, bed quilts,
quilts for the dog, wallhangings, etc. My favorite types of quilts are
bargellos. I also enjoy designing my own quilts if I can't find a pattern
that suits me.
I am working on a baby quilt today out of bright flannels that makes a
jigsaw puzzle. I have lots more quilts in the works. Imagine that!
Last weekend, on Sunday we had a baptism to go to for our nephew. I
realized late Saturday night, I had spaced off going to get his gift. So,
at 10 P.M. I started a rag quilt for him. The pattern design was a bear
that was under a quilt with his paws over the top edge of the quilt. At
8:30 the next morning, I finally got the edges snipped, and threw it in the
washing machine! It was still damp when we left for church, so we left it,
went to church, came home, I appliqued the eyes and nose on and we rushed
back to church for the reception. Needless to say, I was in bed about five
minutes after we got home!! I learned my lesson and don't plan to do that
very often, if ever again!! The quilt was a hit though!

I have enjoyed this group so far and look forward to getting to know you
all.

Megan

Old July 14th 03, 01:01 PM
Roberta Zollner

Welcome Megan! Believe me, we understand about the desperate last-minutes
quilts :-) Well done! Got pictures?
Roberta in D

Old July 14th 03, 01:45 PM
Megan Vest

I am married but have no kids. My QI is a miniature Dachshund!
Megan

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Megan Vest wrote:

[...]

Hi there and welcome! Boy do you like to cut things fine! I thought I
was bad with the costume lark!

Now for the important questions:

Chocolate: I see you are not a great sweet eater, but I take it you'd
have some just to be polite!

Kids: we like to know the family status! Just call us 'interested' -
'nosey' sounds so pushy!

Quilt inspectors: those 4 footed, feathered or scaly creatures who
snooze in the batting and tell us when our points don't match! What are
yours?

Pictures - we LOVE pictures! Specially of kids, quilts and QI's! More
specially, we love them all in the same picture!
--
Kate XXXXXX (Waving maniacally from the top of the North Downs, Kent,
UK)

Old July 14th 03, 03:25 PM
Ann

awwwwwwww Thanks Megan
The picture doesn't do it justice though. Can't wait to see pictures of
your projects.

Ann

"Megan Vest" wrote in message
. ..
That is a gorgeous bargello you have pictured!!
Megan
"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
HI Megan and Welcome

From Ann........who is new herself
and likes bargello too
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old July 15th 03, 12:35 AM
julia sidebottom

Welcome aboard! Get ready.. we love having another voice among the
quilters of the world.
juliasb

Megan Vest wrote:

[...]

** When responding in email please put in subject line RCTQ *** this
will insure the mail will go to the right box ****
Remove (nospam) from address.

now...
come and journey with me from darkness....
.... into New Life http://www.nwlife.com
Old July 15th 03, 02:56 PM
jules

Hi Megan *waving from the UK*

the jigsaw flannel quilt sounds really great. We are all looking forward to
getting to know you to )

--
Jules