Road Trip Results

Old July 13th 03, 04:35 PM
frood

Well, the original plan called for us to stop in W/S on the way home, but
then I forgot that it is past G'boro! Of course, the way I was driving, it
might have been faster to go by way of W/S!

How is the quilt shop in Winston/Salem?? Fabric Village? Is that it? I'm
seriously thinking of planning a quilt shop hop for Central NC, to include
shops in G'boro, Carrboro, Hillsborough (is that enough boros?), Southern
Pines, Raleigh, and of course, Cary!

What about Kernersville? Have you been to that shop?

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"Chipper" wrote in message
. com...
Well, all that fabric aquisition taking place next door in Greensboro,
explains the tremors I felt in the fabric force here in Winston!
Sounds like a good time! My DD picked purples/pinks for her next one too!
chipper

Old July 13th 03, 05:25 PM
Chipper

I go to The Sewing Room where I bought my Bernina. They're having a 35% off
everything in store sale this Wed. but, alas, with our current financial
situation, I'll have to pass. There's a Hancocks up the road that has some
good buys, and of course the ubiquitous Jo Ann's. (This one isn't bad
though, no complaints). I'm saving my big blast, (you know the one that
comes after I win the lottery and I can invite everyone here...), for Mary
Jo's in Gastonia someday. Charlotte's only an hour from here after all. I
know there are several other shops around here in Winston, but haven't been
shopping much lately.
I still miss the late great Piece Goods shops! Boo Hoo!
chipper

. com...

Old July 14th 03, 03:41 PM
frood

That depends. Will you say cute things and unload the dishwasher at least
once a day?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Wow!
Wendy, will you adopt me?
Ragmop/Sandy

Old July 14th 03, 03:45 PM
taria

She probably has a smart mouth compared to your
kids Wendy VBG
Taria

frood wrote:

That depends. Will you say cute things and unload the dishwasher at least
once a day?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Wow!
Wendy, will you adopt me?
Ragmop/Sandy

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 14th 03, 07:33 PM
frood

Three machines, no waiting! Well, except with DD, that makes 4 of us. OK,
somebody can do some housework, and the other 3 sew, and we rotate around.
Painting? You want to do painting? Let's see, there's the bedroom, parlour,
front hall, guest bath all to be painted...

I dunno about bringing your dishes, tho. I'm already doing at least 2 loads
a day, and I don't think my old dishwasher can take much more! At one of
those home shows, I was admiring a new d/w, and the salesman told me it
could do 12 place settings of china. I looked at him in all seriousness and
asked if it could do more than 10 sippy cups and 12 glasses at a time, cuz
that's what I need. He thought I was joking until all the little heads
started popping up around me, calling "Mama, mama." :-)

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
If you will adopt me I will load and unload the dishwasher, wont roll my
eyes, but I will still sweep the floor. May I bring my dirty dishes over

your dishwasher too? I'll leave my smart mouth at home!!! *cant promise it
will stay there tho.*
Who knows.. maybe Sandi and I can find time to paint things while we wait
for our turn on the sewing machine?
Diana

Old July 15th 03, 12:19 AM
Diana Curtis

Youre on!
I have this mental image of a momma hen with all her little chicks peeping
around her. Peep, peep!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
. com...

Old July 15th 03, 04:31 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Well, then you didn't get lost or miss a turn. Your quilters compass just
knew where to point you, that's all.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
DD and I got back from our trip this afternoon, tired, but very happy. We
pulled bolts and bolts of fabric from Randy's quilt shop
http://www.randysquiltshop.com/index.html in Greensboro, NC. We kept the
ladies very busy cutting and cutting lots of fabrics for DD's quilt. I

think
she picked a great variety of blues, lavendars, purples and pinks. She
really has a good eye! Then I found the Jane Sassaman line at 1/2 off!

I've
been lusting after those fabrics for some time now, so I indulged myself.
And several Kaffe Fassett stripes.

The ladies at Randy's didn't know anything about another quilt shop in
Greensboro, and since I didn't know of any, we started to head home.
Unfortunately, I should have taken a right turn instead of a left, and we
ended up a few miles shy of the VA border! Checking the map, I found I

could
get home by way of Hillsborough, where we stopped at Daniel Boone Village
and had ice cream, poked around a couple of antique stores and found

another
quilt shop!!! DD found the blue Moda Marble she really wanted, and I found
some great bright plaids.

We spent a ton of money, came home with a laundry basket full of fabric,

and
we had a great time!