Road Trip Results

Old July 13th 03, 03:20 AM
frood

Default Road Trip Results

DD and I got back from our trip this afternoon, tired, but very happy. We
pulled bolts and bolts of fabric from Randy's quilt shop
http://www.randysquiltshop.com/index.html in Greensboro, NC. We kept the
ladies very busy cutting and cutting lots of fabrics for DD's quilt. I think
she picked a great variety of blues, lavendars, purples and pinks. She
really has a good eye! Then I found the Jane Sassaman line at 1/2 off! I've
been lusting after those fabrics for some time now, so I indulged myself.
And several Kaffe Fassett stripes.

The ladies at Randy's didn't know anything about another quilt shop in
Greensboro, and since I didn't know of any, we started to head home.
Unfortunately, I should have taken a right turn instead of a left, and we
ended up a few miles shy of the VA border! Checking the map, I found I could
get home by way of Hillsborough, where we stopped at Daniel Boone Village
and had ice cream, poked around a couple of antique stores and found another
quilt shop!!! DD found the blue Moda Marble she really wanted, and I found
some great bright plaids.

We spent a ton of money, came home with a laundry basket full of fabric, and
we had a great time!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old July 13th 03, 04:28 AM
JG

What a wonderful trip, Wendy! I'm sure your DD will fondly remember your
road trip for a long time. I'm looking forward to hearing about your DD's
quilt progress.
--
Ginger

. com...

Old July 13th 03, 04:59 AM
taria

Fun just to hear your travelogue Wendy
Sounds like that daughter of your is a-ok!
Taria

frood wrote:

[...]

Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 13th 03, 05:26 AM
Chipper

Well, all that fabric aquisition taking place next door in Greensboro,
explains the tremors I felt in the fabric force here in Winston!
Sounds like a good time! My DD picked purples/pinks for her next one too!
chipper

. com...

Old July 13th 03, 05:32 AM
KCK

Sounds yummy, especially the part about the Kaffe stripes.

You *do* know that you could have also driven home by way of Houston,
where we could have checked out the selection of fabrics at my favorite
shop, right? Road trip, my foot. ;-)

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email

Website: http://kckintz.home.att.net/

. com...

Old July 13th 03, 06:29 AM
Diana Curtis

Whooohoooo! Sounds like you and DD had a wonderful time! Can you post a pic
of the great Road Trip Haul?
Id love to see what both of you came home with but expecially DDs pics.
I bet she remembers this special day forever.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

. com...

Old July 13th 03, 06:50 AM
Joy Quilts

That's the kind of road trip *I* want to take!!! Congrats on your great
haul! I'm drooling over here over what you got!

--
A Joy in Hawaii
http://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts
. com...

Old July 13th 03, 10:15 AM
jules

Sounds a perfect shopping trip Wendy. Fabric and ice cream ) Bet you
can't wait to get started on DD quilt now.

--
Jules
. com...

Old July 13th 03, 11:57 AM
QuiltR1024

In article , "frood"
writes:

Unfortunately, I should have taken a right turn instead of a left, and we
ended up a few miles shy of the VA border!

Wendy,
What a wonderful day you had with DD, but I see that you touche the
Virginia border. next time, just keep on driving north to visit.

Kris

Old July 13th 03, 04:31 PM
frood

You know, it seriously crossed my mind to keep going.... but DD was getting
quite bored of being in the car. :-) It make take a few more short road
trips to build up her stamina!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply