At what age is a dog full grown? OT

Old July 8th 03, 09:33 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default At what age is a dog full grown? OT

It depends what you mean by full-grown. Physically, dogs usually attain
their adult size by 9 months to a year. Mentally, some dogs have an
extended adolescent phase (as long as 2-3 years) - terriers, labs and some
hounds and will show puppy-like behaviors for a long period of time. I know
with our two (bull/lab mix) we saw puppylike behavior well into the second
year of life. Then, all of sudden, poof, they calmed down and acted like
adults!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"Tink" wrote in message
Six months? A year? Is it dependent upon the general size of the dog? In
other words, does a toy poodle become full grown faster than, say, a
sheepdog? And by full grown, I mean size. My wolfhound was full grown size
wise at about two years of age, but he remained a puppy all his life.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 8th 03, 10:02 PM
Dr. Sooz

Six months? A year? Is it dependent upon the general size of the dog?

Yes -- younger dogs are adult before big breeds are. For a great Dane, for
instance, it's usually 18 months or more.
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 8th 03, 10:07 PM
Tink

By adult, do you mean size wise or other growth wise?

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 8th 03, 10:11 PM
Dr. Sooz

By adult, do you mean size wise or other growth wise?

Body-wise.
~~
Sooz
-------