A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Non-quilting Child update

Old July 19th 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Non-quilting Child update

I posted in the FaceBook RCTQ group, but wanted to make sure that I posted it so that those that aren't on FB can share in my excitement :-)

Rebekah - you know, the one that is almost 10, that Karen posted all the information about in here for me - has been invited to test for her next belt in karate - her black belt candidate....the only one left before she tests for her junior black belt!!! Her test is Monday night at 6pm

Thomas, my Asperger's/ADHD, currently enrolled in online schooling because of the bullying that was allowed in the public school, has been invited to test for his next belt in karate - his green belt in the adult class....His test is Wednesday at 6pm. He's been in the adult class since last June and this is his first test since joining it (though he was given his orange belt because of what he knew when he moved up to the adult class).

So excited for both of them and so proud of them as well.....just had to share with all of you :-)
Ads
Old July 19th 13, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA
external usenet poster

Oh, absolutely wonderful! How fun to have such a variety of personalities and interests under one roof. Everyone get a chance to learn from the others!

Ginger in CA

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:30:40 PM UTC-7, off kilter wrote:
I posted in the FaceBook RCTQ group, but wanted to make sure that I posted it so that those that aren't on FB can share in my excitement :-)

Rebekah - you know, the one that is almost 10, that Karen posted all the information about in here for me - has been invited to test for her next belt in karate - her black belt candidate....the only one left before she tests for her junior black belt!!! Her test is Monday night at 6pm

Thomas, my Asperger's/ADHD, currently enrolled in online schooling because of the bullying that was allowed in the public school, has been invited to test for his next belt in karate - his green belt in the adult class....His test is Wednesday at 6pm. He's been in the adult class since last June and this is his first test since joining it (though he was given his orange belt because of what he knew when he moved up to the adult class).

So excited for both of them and so proud of them as well.....just had to share with all of you :-)

Old July 23rd 13, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]
external usenet poster

Rebekah did GREAT at her test tonight. She was a little unsure of 2 of the katas she was supposed to know, even though she had practiced them at home several times, but she nailed them. The thing that gave her the most trouble was the sparring when they matched her up with one of the kids that was going for their black belt tonight...he is one of the ones that goes all out, regardless of the instructors telling them to NOT go full speed or strength....well, he landed 4 shots to her stomach in quick succession and she was in quite a bit of pain....we'll be working on her stance and such between now and her next belt test.....so.....next up is Thomas going for his Green Belt....and we made sure to incite those Scouts that were at tonight's meeting (we got there late, but he wanted to go)...so we shall see how many, if any actually show up to support him.....