Parkay flooring what?

Old July 14th 03, 03:39 PM
QuiltShopHopper

Default Parkay flooring what?

A friend of mine said that my 4 inch squares of multicolored batiks looked
like parkay flooring.
Does that mean the margarine side of the toast hit the kitchen tiles face
down?

"Butter!"

lifting the lid, "Parkay!"

But seriously folks, does anyone know what parkay flooring is?

Old July 14th 03, 04:11 PM
Elena

It's really spelled parquet. Do a search for "parquet flooring" It's
where you have patterns on your floor made by setting squares, triangles,
rectangles, and other shapes of wood together to get a tiled appearance.

HTH,
Elena in Tx

Old July 14th 03, 04:42 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Bruce Hardwood Flooring is made here in tiny little West Plains along
with the Gammill's. We're getting famous!!! LOL

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old July 14th 03, 06:14 PM
Lynne in Toronto

You guys!!! What a hoot! Parquet is a flooring made of wooden tiles;
Parkay is a brand name for margarine.

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto (who knows all kinds of useless information!)

Nana2B wrote:

Parkay flooring is wood laid out in a tile-like pattern. Sometimes the
grain of the wood tiles is alternated giving it a quilot like appearance.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
Texas

Old July 14th 03, 08:43 PM
John Gallagher

Parquet I think is the spelling. Over here it is usually small rectagonal
blocks of wood ie oak,mahogany,beech ,ash etc laid on the floor in a pattern
"rail fench" herringbone, a really expensive and classy way to cover the
floor! Estelle UK

Old July 14th 03, 11:22 PM
Country Sharon

It's a floor made from wood tiles. We had them through most of the house,
except bathroom and kitchen. We had strips of wood, with wire on the back to
hold them together and then put down like tile. They were a pain when there
was moisture in the air as they would buckle, and be a big lump on the floor
or under the rug. The people who put them in, just put them on the cement
floor with nothing under it and put them down with the wrong glue.We had
them in a fence rail pattern. When they were waxed and polished they did
look really nice.
Country Sharon
-80

Old July 15th 03, 01:41 AM
QuiltShopHopper

Thank you all for your responses! The batiks I have are mostly striped sort
of, so I now understand where she got the parquet from. I still prefer
butter.

cyndi, bein silly

Old July 15th 03, 08:19 AM
melinda

QuiltShopHopper QuiltShopHopper@org wrote:
A friend of mine said that my 4 inch squares of multicolored batiks looked
like parkay flooring.
Does that mean the margarine side of the toast hit the kitchen tiles face
down?

"Butter!"

lifting the lid, "Parkay!"

But seriously folks, does anyone know what parkay flooring is?

Could she mean parquetrey? (sp)

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old July 15th 03, 02:57 PM
Shawn

But seriously folks, does anyone know what parkay flooring is?

Hi,

parkay = parquet. Small bits of wood laid out in a pattern. See link below
:-)

http://www.cordtsco.com/

Shawn
--