hello ....a voice from the past

Old March 2nd 05, 03:07 PM
coggietm

Default hello ....a voice from the past

Hello to all RTCYers,
It has been quite a while since I have had time to pop onto the board
and say Hi.
What I have been up to ..... I now manage a hotel in my local area and
have some time at work to knit and crochet. Though the hours are long
it is nice during down times to be able to work on a project. In the
last year I have made about 7 felted purses . the last one finished
last night was from the winter 2004 inKnitters magizine. Not sure if I
will keep this or if it will find a home with a friend. Also in the
last year I have made 3 pairs of felted clogs and 2 pairs of elf
slippers for friends and family. I find them too slippery for me even
with paint on the bottom. My knees and legs are not so good so I make
them for friends instead.
Around my family we have had a baby boom so for crocheting I have made
about 15 baby afghans as gifts. I had a call from my sister in
Washington last night at 2am telling me I am again a great aunt so I
need to make a new afghan for Danielle Marie. Being who I am I alway
enclose a gift for mom also when shipping out baby gifts ..... normally
this would be wine glasses with the date incscribed but as my Neice is
a minor , I am not sure what I will put in for her.
As for the near family , we are in limbo do to the military .. hubby is
national guard Army and is taking many classes these days and we are
unsure as to his deployment right now ... so we wait. My son who is 15
is getting ready to start drivers ed and has his first girlfriend (
what a combo) . He is getting on great at school only struggleing with
one class so I have to be proud of him. Dear daughter is just turned 13
and is a wonder to me . Some days she is very grown up and others she
wants to cuddle with me as if she were 5 . oh the inbetween age growing
up , I love her so.
I am on Vacation for the next couple of weeks from work and have
already killed my budget by going to the local yarn store yesterday.
Daughter wants a chicken sign for her door saying welcome and son has "
ordered" the flames sweater from stitch n bitch nation . Hubby has told
me his military socks bother him and could I please knit him up some
black socks to wear for duty ...... and as for me I am working on a
ruana of my own design ( cable up the back parting to two cables down
the front ) to wear at work when I go back
I hope all is well with everyone
God Bless and happy yarning.
Coggie

Old March 2nd 05, 04:19 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Hi there Coggie, good to hear from you. And haven't you been a busy bee!! It
must be nice to be able to find time to knit/crochet finally, and goodness
what a lot of babies. I hope your husband's situation is soon sorted out,
it's the uncertainty that's the hard bit isn't it?
Looking forward to hearing more from you soon
Love Christine

Old March 2nd 05, 04:23 PM
JCT

Great to hear from you. It has been a long time. Sounds like you are
busy but please stop by from time to time. Judy

"

Old March 2nd 05, 06:27 PM
cher

Hi Coggie, gosh what a lovely surprise, great to hear all about what you've
been up to...daughters and sons, and babymaking, albeit it not
directly..lol. Hotel management....slippers and socks ......etc etc..

Things here don't change that much, Lots of new members of course, and the
6x6 still goes on with me as the founder member,and Nora at the helm
managing it all beautifully, we celebrated it's first birthday last
September, there is also a thread exchange going on as well, this is in it's
infancy, but I think and hope it will be a successful ongoing swap. Not
forgetting that there is always the many secret projects ongoing which Nora
does, and the management lists that Noreen keeps of course... plus the usual
many many other things the tips and news and views shared by all.

In the meantime welcome back ... for however long.....or short a stay you
have with us.

Cheers....Cher x

oups.com...

Old March 2nd 05, 08:29 PM
Katherine

Welcome back, Coggie. It is good to hear that things are going so well with
you and yours. I hope to knit some felted bags myself. I bought the wool
last summer but have not had the time to knit it yet. Soon, though!

Katherine

Old March 2nd 05, 08:55 PM

Hi Coggie,

Oh, my, it's great to hear from you. I've missed all your notes on
here. Wow, you have been a busy lady this past year and how the kids
are going up. Doesn't seem possible they are both teenagers now.
Prayers for you and your husband that he gets to stay right here in the
US.

I've been making afghans for Project Linus as ususal, on the 12th one
for this year. I cheat and use two strands of worsted weight and a size
"N" hook, they work up so fast, but it's a great way to use up the
stash. Since I was using it up so fast, I went out and bought more last
week while it was on sale. Always need yarn.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 3rd 05, 12:13 AM
Aud

Hi, Coggie!
SO NICE to hear from you!
try to pop in from time to time!!!!
And how on earth have you managed to do so much! It's impressing!
.....and *I* thought I had many babies to welcome in MY family... but we
have only 3!LOL!
Have a good vacation!
AUD ;-))

"coggietm" skrev i melding

Old March 3rd 05, 01:06 AM
JJMolvik

"coggietm" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome back, Coggie!!!! You've been on my heart.

JJMolvik

Old March 3rd 05, 01:20 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"coggietm" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome back, Coggie, and wonderful to 'see' you again!
Hugs,
Noreen and Don

Old March 3rd 05, 03:01 AM
Els van Dam

In article .com,
"coggietm" wrote:

Hello Coggie, great to hear from you. Happy for you that you have a neat
job and that there is time to knit and crochet. I also have made many
felted bags from odds and ends of hand spun yarns. I love the felting
process, it is always a bit of a surprise to see what comes out of the
washing machine after the felting process.

Stay around for a while,

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

ad~ 'time...half past' by tatercat tatercat Beads 8 January 11th 05 07:12 PM
Weird past week Carla Beads 11 October 6th 04 05:46 AM
ad> christmas past...tatercat tatercat Beads 0 December 4th 03 03:38 AM
Have diamond prices dropped over the past 2 years? P.Nichols Jewelry 9 October 15th 03 05:45 AM
Tucson quilt shows of past years QuiltShopHopper Quilting 1 September 25th 03 02:23 PM