Stash bag

Old February 13th 04, 05:32 PM
Julie

Default Stash bag

I have a nice over the shoulder ( with a strap ) type stash bag. It is the
size of a _large_ purse. Holds most patterns, threads for my WIP, etc.
without a problem. The problem is now that I will need to replace it soon.
My husband got it for me for Christmas a couple of years back. He says he
picked it up at a Jo Ann Etc. store, but I haven't seen anything like this
now in the same store that he got it from. I think it might be a
discontinued model ? Anyways, can anyone recommend a website that has a
good supply of things like what I described ? I want to scope out the
selection and prices so I can figure out what to get. If I can't find
anything I really like or can afford online anywhere before this one breaks
beyond repair [ it is cloth and is torn where the shoulder strap joins the
bag { guess I have filled it too much ? } ], I will make do with alternate
bags here already at home, but something not too far off what I already have
now would be ideal .....

any ideas for websites, that is ?

Julie

--
* remove nospam_ from the email address to reply

Old February 13th 04, 10:26 PM
Kerry Manly

"Julie" wrote in message
I have a nice over the shoulder ( with a strap ) type stash bag. It is

the
size of a _large_ purse. Holds most patterns, threads for my WIP, etc.
without a problem. The problem is now that I will need to replace it

soon.
any ideas for websites, that is ?

Julie

I have a briefcase from Lands end that I use. It is VERY sturdy. It zips
all the way down both sides. Inside is a full length pocket that I use for
my chart and then 3 smaller pockets that I put my scissors, magnetic strips,
pens, tissues, hand lotion, etc in. I can easily fit my 17" Q-snaps inside
along with my Z lap frame (folded up of course).

It comes with handles and a shoulder strap. I like it because it is solid
navy canvas. I really don't like the Vera Bradley type prints or anything
too flowery.

I got it as a gift from my old boss when I used to work. Here is the link if
you are interested.
http://www.landsend.com/cgi-bin/sear...archSubmit.y=0
At $49 it may be more than you want to spend but will probably last you a
lifetime.

Good Luck
Kerri
Stitching in sunny FL

WIP: Celtic Banner, Dimension Christmas stocking, Tudor Knot needlebook

Old February 17th 04, 05:56 AM
Debra

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:32:56 -0500, "Julie"
wrote:

[...]

Did you old one have lots of special pockets or was it just one big
bag with straps? If it was just a big bag you can search through
larger ladies handbags to find a replacement. I've got two that I use
for projects.
Debra in VA
Old February 17th 04, 12:22 PM
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Another thought is a couriers bag - I've seen them at Kmart and at Staples.
They are a cross between a tote bag and briefcase.

This will give you an idea.
http://www.ebags.com/index.cfm?sub_s...couponi d=579
83602

Good luck

Old February 17th 04, 03:32 PM
Julie

I ended up using something that we already had here in the house. My
husband was given a soft sided briefcase with shoulder straps as a Christmas
gift from his employer about 5 years or so ago. He has never used it ( he
isn't a briefcase person). It is made of a nice sturdy canvas type material
and has several storage areas, both big and small. I have adopted that.
Just have to explain to people ( in case anyone should ever ask ;-) ..... )
that I do not work for this company ;-) ....

The previous bag was cloth and while specifically made for stitching
projects, was not very sturdy in the expected lifetime of the bag itself.
However, there were multiple plastic pockets with individual zipper bags
that were removeable from the bag itself so I lifted those from the bag
before I disposed of it.

Julie

--
* remove nospam_ from the email address to reply
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 2/16/04 11:56 PM, in article

,

Old February 18th 04, 03:26 AM
Jenn Liace

"Julie" wrote in message
Just have to explain to people ( in case anyone should ever ask ;-)

...... )
that I do not work for this company ;-) ....

is the logo embroidered or screenprinted?
--
Jenn L.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com

Current projects:
Firehouse Angel (aka Angel of the Morning - L&L)
Lady Scarlet's Journey (Just Nan)
Ice Garden (Just Nan)

Old February 18th 04, 05:12 PM
Julie

the logo is machine embroidered on one side of the bag. my husbands
intitials are machine embroidered on the other side of the bag ;-) ..... so
i am masquerading as my husband now I guess ;-) ... Julie

--
"Jenn Liace" wrote in message

"Julie" wrote in message
Just have to explain to people ( in case anyone should ever ask ;-)

..... )

Old February 19th 04, 02:14 AM
Jenn Liace

"Julie" wrote in message
the logo is machine embroidered on one side of the bag. my husbands
intitials are machine embroidered on the other side of the bag ;-) .....

so
i am masquerading as my husband now I guess ;-) ... Julie

Since they're both machine embroidered, couldn't you use a seam ripper and
remove teh stitching? It would likely leave a shadow but I would think that
less noticeable than the embroidery?

Stash for Sale Suzanne Marketplace 0 March 1st 04 06:23 AM
Cleaning and organizing the stash closet Bungadora Needlework 10 December 3rd 03 05:42 PM
CA Fires/Love in Stitches Stash Replacement/Grandma-to-Be Coleen Needlework 6 November 3rd 03 05:05 AM
Fabric Storage in Stash Room Allie Orange Needlework 6 October 29th 03 06:20 PM
Palm and stash stuff Val Mathison Needlework 4 September 22nd 03 04:32 PM