Herringbone Zigzag?

Old November 20th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default Herringbone Zigzag?

How do you make herringbone zigzag? Anyone know? I saw this pattern and
may have to sit down and see if I can figure out how to do it:

http://shop.interweave.com/Beautiful...o-P508C10.aspx

I guess if all else fails, I'll have to buy the pattern. This really
fasinates me.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 21st 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Jerri,

It looks like ndebele (herringbone) done with two sizes of beads. Not
sure how to work the increase/decrease to get the zig-zag pattern, but I
bet if you use herringbone pattern paper, you could graph it out.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old November 21st 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

It is two sizes of beads, but I think the seed beads are doubled so the
length is the same.

I just learned how to increase and decrease with herringbone, so this just
has me curious. I'm going to have to sit down and try it, since my brain
can't seem to figure it out on it's own.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 21st 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Debbie in NM

On Nov 20, 6:12*am, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
How do you make herringbone zigzag? *Anyone know? *I saw this pattern and
may have to sit down and see if I can figure out how to do it:

http://shop.interweave.com/Beautiful...o-P508C10.aspx

I guess if all else fails, I'll have to buy the pattern. *This really
fasinates me.

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com

http://www1.harenet.ne.jp/~chika/eng/stitch.html

Jerri,
Here is a link on instructions if you need them. I think it's the
right one
Old November 22nd 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Debbie!

It may be right, but I may not be doing it right. Lol.

I'll have to try again.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Debbie in NM" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 6:12 am, "Beadbimbo" wrote:
How do you make herringbone zigzag? Anyone know? I saw this pattern and
may have to sit down and see if I can figure out how to do it:

http://shop.interweave.com/Beautiful...o-P508C10.aspx

I guess if all else fails, I'll have to buy the pattern. This really
fasinates me.

--
Jerriwww.beadbimbo.com

http://www1.harenet.ne.jp/~chika/eng/stitch.html

Jerri,
Here is a link on instructions if you need them. I think it's the
right one

zigzag stitch for quilting? Irrational Number Quilting 5 September 15th 05 05:45 PM
Cool Herringbone Variation Cheri2Star Beads 1 November 25th 04 07:15 PM
Herringbone Stitch Questions Arondelle Beads 11 January 31st 04 01:42 AM
herringbone variation? JM Beads 0 January 19th 04 05:42 PM
Kathy N-V (wire herringbone weave) Kyla Beads 6 December 12th 03 09:50 PM