Quilt as a door?

Old July 18th 03, 06:35 AM
Lakaya M. Peeples

I WANT THAT SHOWER!!!! it sounds beautiful, all I have here is a small tub
with a shower head sticking out that we have used CLR and other stuff
on...it 'sprikles' (my daugthers term) out like its rebelling at you for
actually expecting it to do its job. what's worse, no water pressure here.
so I just take long hot bubble baths instead. takes about 30 mins to fill
up the tub but that's less frustrating than trying to get the water
temperature to oh say....actually stay ONE temperature (warm) while dealing
with the showers other geriatric effects.

peepla

wrote in message

Quilt as a door?

Judy Grevenites wrote:
The plans for inclined floor with the drain is or was originally built
for easy access for the handicapped. It is a good idea for elderly
people who are stiff / arthritic, or the wheelchair bound. No barriers,
no boundreys. Probably a very smart investment if you are "of a certain
age"
A certainly aged RedQueen drooled back:
My M&D's bathroom has this instead of a bath, so they can easily stand
and shower and won't slipover, nor do they have to step up and into a
shower. Its brilliant - I want one!!!
snip
---
The Shower Room Which Will Live Forever In My Mind:
Picture a _very_ large, glass enclosed room, located in a private,
sequestered garden. Exotic plants riots lushly outside, probably a
sybaritic Hawaiian setting. Within the glass walls, on all sides, a
natural looking path of finely-polished wood borders the center of the
room.
Within this frame, huge grey rocks tumble down, looking as they would
occur in nature, on either side of the room, forming an enormous shower
area, and small pool. Shower heads seem to originate within the rock
itself.
Very Zen, primal and compelling.
Plus, who scrubs rocks?
Cea

Old July 18th 03, 09:23 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

I once lived in an apartment that had a tiny bathroom with a drain in the
floor. The shower head was in a corner; the door latched back to form a
shower door, protecting sink and toilet from the spray. The whole space was
about the same size as a standard shower stall.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old July 19th 03, 04:52 PM
Dr. Quilter

no, I can understand that! back home, all the baths and sometimes the
kitchens have drains and slightly slanted floors. believe me, it is a
pleasure to clean a room with lots of water than then goes away and
doesn't need to be moped up! no stray hairs, everything dissapears
magically down the drain. that is one thing it took me some time to get
used to, together with the lack of bidets and some apartments here that
don't have a ceiling light fixture but where the switch by the door
turns on an outlet.... subtle cultural differences... )

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
Don't tell my DH -- this would be his dream room! He has *always* wanted
a room in the house with a drain in the floor. Man, his childhood must
really have been messed up! LOL

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old July 19th 03, 04:54 PM
Dr. Quilter

a little canopy roof over the roll would do it...

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
Pati Cook wrote:

But that would get all the reading material wet!

Laminate the pages! LOL

The TP would be a little tougher to protect, I'll admit...

Old July 19th 03, 07:28 PM
taria

Actually the light in the ceiling is more a dated thing
then regional. I grew up in houses that has a light
in the center ceiling. (40-60's houses). The house
my folks live in and my 'newer' houses have all had
the half hot outlet for lights plugged in. Now there
is lots of canned lighting so maybe we'll see more
wall switches again? We have put ceiling fans with
lights in our houses (with wall switches) and they
are great.
Taria

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
Don't tell my DH -- this would be his dream room! He has *always* wanted
a room in the house with a drain in the floor. Man, his childhood must
really have been messed up! LOL

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 20th 03, 04:04 AM
Elena

Well that chute from the closets are supposed to be my children's arms.
They don't always reach the laundry room though. lol
Elena

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
a chute from every closet in the house to a basket in the laundry room
would be nice, uh? or maybe two, one for whites, one for colours...

Elena wrote:
I'll put in my request for a built in vacuum that sucks the talc powder
right out of the air. DH's preference of deodorant. I end up running

my
blow dryer over every surface, trying to encourage it to the floor.

Elena, who also gripes about the laundry being in the MOST furthest

reaches
of the house from the closets where they should reside.

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message

Easy peasy... put the TP in a Tupperware type dispenser that

automatically
closes.
Now, if they would just make a toilet that has a built in scrubber...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
news:1fy1ml2.27gli01wa4mioN%Kathy_A@KayneyNOSPAM quilting.com...

Pati Cook wrote:

But that would get all the reading material wet!

Laminate the pages! LOL

The TP would be a little tougher to protect, I'll admit...
--
Kathy Applebaum (Woodland, CA)
Longarm Machine Quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

(remove the obvious to reply)