"Inspirations" - subscriptions costs, delivery, et al

Old March 10th 04, 09:04 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Default "Inspirations" - subscriptions costs, delivery, et al

I emailed Jan-Marie, owner of The Wooly Thread.

Here's the scoop on "Inspirations"

The yearly subscription which Jan sells does include the postage, but
the individual rate of $12.50 requires an additional $2 book rate
postage for a total of $14.50 four times a year or $58.

The same rates apply to country Bumpkin's other magazine "Australian
Smocking and Embroidery"

Newsstand is never the best deal. It's hit and miss, the prices are
high and the mags usually come in late. A direct subscription from the
publishers delivers the magazine about 6 weeks after publication and,
because of the very poor exchange rate right now, costs about $68 per year.

The magazine are sent direct to Wooly Thread by Fed Ex immediately upon
release in Australia, and her subscribers their their's first in the
USA. Plus it's slightly cheaper than a direct subscription.

http://www.woolythread.com

Jan, by the way, is an exclusive distributor of many of Australian
items, including the blanketing and flannel.

Dianne

Old March 11th 04, 07:13 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

I emailed Jan-Marie, owner of The Wooly Thread.

Here's the scoop on "Inspirations"

The yearly subscription which Jan sells does include the postage, but
the individual rate of $12.50 requires an additional $2 book rate
postage for a total of $14.50 four times a year or $58.

Hmm...odd. I went through the checkout procedure
up to the point of actually paying, and it was quoting
a price of $68 including shipping. Maybe I did something
wrong...

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 11th 04, 08:28 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

According to Jan, it's $55/year. So if something's happening, email her
from the site. I wrote her answer to me verbatim. Inquiring minds want
to know. I've order single copies from her and they were as she said,
$14.50. I've also ordered kits from her, as well as wool felt and
blanketing. Maybe she didn't understand my question????

Dianne

Old March 11th 04, 11:19 PM
Lady with Lots of Inspirations

Those prices are excellent value, though may change as the Australian dollar
gets stronger.

I buy Inspirations and mail them to my sister in VA, the magazine is
AU$10.95, mailing is AU$9.90, total AU$20.85, if you factor in the exchange
rate, and quadruple it the annual cost is approx US$62.50.

Hope this comparison helps some one!

joanne